Searching for best surgeon to perform Asian rhinoplasty in Washington/Oregon area? (Photo)

Looking for a plastic surgeon to perform an ethnic rhinoplasty is harder than I thought. I have seen many bad reviews on local doctors in Seattle area. I'm so scared. My nose is wide round and I'd like to change it dramatically... Seeing these bad reviews makes me almost not want to get it done. So scared of a botched job. Is it really hard to perform a Asian rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Your skin type, ethnicity, skin color and the texture of your skin will all have a bearing on how you will age, the major issues you might face as time goes on and facial plastic surgery. Keep in mind that you are an individual and each person is going to be different - this is just a starting point. The signs of aging come on much later with most of the lighter skin types, but skin tends to me thicker so there are certain precautions we must take at the time of surgery and in the after-care to ensure optimal healing. It is fortunate that facial incisions tend to heal much better than non-facial sites and keloid scarring is rare on the face. The above information is a long way of saying that yes, there is a difference in performing Asian Rhinoplasty. I suggest that you consult with a single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon with plenty of experience in Asian Rhinoplasties as well as top education/expertise credentials, a high number of surgeries performed/years in practice, and great before and after photos and patient testimonials. Many surgeons offer Skype consultations so that you can shop around for a surgeon both locally and nationally. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty candidate

It is important to have very specific goals in mind on exactly the changes that you're trying to accomplish with your nose. Rhinoplasty is one of the hardest operations to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so there's always a small percentage of touch-ups that are required. Skin, cartilage, and bone are all living tissue, so there's always a small amount of unpredictability. Rhinoplasty is an operation that is measured in millimeters, so there is no dramatic changes!  It is very important to have realistic expectations about what changes can be made. Computer imaging performed in the office setting would also be helpful to understand the changes that can be made. Even the most experienced rhinoplasty surgeons have  a few bad reviews with rhinoplasty procedures, usually due to patient unrealistic expectations

Asian Rhinoplasty - Finding the right surgeon

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose.
One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a limitation to the amount of tip refinement you can achieve (how small/narrow) because of the thickness of your skin. 
While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist experienced in Asian rhinoplasty in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.Consult with 2-3 of these surgeons in person and determine your comfort level with their approach, demeanor, and before and after results. Good luck. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Best surgeon

All rhinoplasty is difficult not just asian rhinoplasty  - there are plenty of great surgeons in your area - make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

Hi there, you are right in understanding that Asian rhinoplasty is not an easy procedure.  In fact, all rhinoplasty operations require not only skillful hands but also an artistic eye and years of surgical experience.  Please interview several surgeons and look at their before/after photos to help you make your decision.  Best of luck to you.

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon