Does the scar tissue formed after gynecomastia surgery break into lines and then dissolve by time?

In 10 days time, I will be 5 months post surgery. I still feel there are lines beneath the areola complex. Is it like the scar tissue breaks into lines and then later on dissolve by itself? I am thinking about it all the time. I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your surgery.  By 5 months you should be approaching your long-term results but without photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice.  Though scar tissue can soften with time it would be best to see your surgeon to voice your concerns.  Hope this helps.

Additional Scar Tissue

As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Now, since it has been months since your surgery there should be no concern over the possible scar tissue that you feel, but if you are worried at all the best person to contact would be your surgeon. A live evaluation would be helpful if you are worried at all about the recovery and if anything else needs to be done. Best of luck to you.