Should I get Rhinoplasty / chin implant? (photo)

Please comment. Any after simulated photos would be great!Thank you!

Rhinoplasty

More pictures of your nose and chin would help to better evaluate your nose. Consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist will give you a better sense of the surgical options available.

Rhinoplasty/Chin Implant?

I don't see any indication for a chin implant with this one picture. I need to see a full set of pictures as described on my website for a nasal evaluation.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

It's important to have specific goals in mind upon what you would like to have accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure, such as shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, narrowing the bridge line and refining the tip.  Digital computer imaging can be performed in the office setting with a higher resolution camera and in a chin neutral position from different angles to give a better representation of what can be accomplished with both procedures. A chin implant is inserted for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile to help with facial balance and  proportions, especially with respect to the nose. For many examples, please see the video and the link below to our rhinoplasty/ chin implant photo gallery

Rhinoplasty and chin implant?

I need to see more views of your nose. Your chin looks adequate. See several experienced rhinoplasty surgeons who do natural noses based on results NOT imaging. 

Should I get Rhinoplasty / chin implant?

If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make. A receding chin can be improved with a natural appearing chin implant.
Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.
Robert Singer, M.D., FACS
La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon