Is rhinoplasty and chin implant right for me? (Photo)

I have a very long and projected nose that I would deffiniatley like to correct and a bit of a under projected chin. Any suggestions?

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

Hi Sarah, your photo shows that you may be a good candidate for reduction rhinoplasty and perhaps a small chin implant.  Of course, an evaluation in person would be helpful to determine the best options for your needs.  Good luck to you!

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long nose and chin options

Based on your one photo I can see how your chin is a bit recessed. Chin augmentation can help address this, of course, which would also help balance out your nasal features. 

You may find that your tip projection fits better with your overall facial proportions after augmenting your chin. 

A good way to assess what treatment(s) are best is to have an in person consultation where digital simulations can be done. 

It is possible to shorten your nasal length a bit among other things but the nose and chin aren't isloated areas as changes in one with affect the other.

You can learn more about combining chin augmentation and rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Dear sarah.wally1, You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery combined with a small chin implant to help balance your facial profile and your overall facial aesthetics. Many surgeons like myself offer complimentary consultations and often provide email, skype, and facetime consultations for patients from out of town. This is a good start to discuss what your desired results are and for the surgeon to give you a good idea of the proposed results based on your facial aesthetics.  During in office consultations patients can have digital imaging performed to show them the proposed results. You will also have the opportunity to see many before and after photographs of patients with noses and chins similar to your own and also ensure your surgeons ability to provide natural looking results. Please see the link below for examples and the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant Candidate

From  the limited photograph presented, it appears that there is an overly projected nose with a dorsal hump, and a weak and recessive chin profile. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, refining the nasal tip, and narrowing the bridge line. Placement of a small chin implant can help with  facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. Chin implants are composed of Silastic and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. Chin implants can be performed under general anesthesia with the rhinoplasty procedure, or as a standalone procedure under local anesthesia. For more information and many examples of both procedures performed in combination, please see the link and video below 

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

Subtle changes with a rhinoplasty procedure combined with a small chin implant will give you a more feminine appearance. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural result.

Rhinoplasty and or Chin Augmentation

Thanks for providing your photo.  From what can be seen, you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Reducing the hump and improving the projection should give you a very nice result.  It is difficult to tell if you would benefit from a chin implant from the photo but your chin does seem to be a little weak and perhaps a permanent filler would work nicely.  You would need to be seen in order to determine what yor exact options are.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty only

I think you would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty, with this procedure you can reduce the projection of the nose and soften the face.  From this picture, I would not recommend a chin implant to be done at the same time.  I think with a reduction rhinoplasty your chin will come into balance. 

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with chin implant considerations #plasticsurgery

A chin implant can help harmonize a patient's facial features, but based on your profile photo, I'm not convinced that you need a chin implant. A rhinoplasty to reduce your dorsal hump and refine your nasal tip would make some nice improvements.

Rhinoplasty + chin

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and chin implant, such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Natural rhinoplasty and small chin implant for a more attractive and feminine face.

Natural rhinoplasty and small chin implant for a more attractive and feminine face. Done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does NATURAL noses you should have an excellent result.