Rhinoplasty Candidate. (photos)

What type of rhinoplasty technique will you use for me? I am bothered by the tip of my nose. I am European and I do not want to look American after my Rhinoplasty. I am open for a consultation. I live in Seattle but I will fly any where. Price is not an issue because don't believe you should put a good deal on your face.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty Techniques

Thank you for adding your photos, it is very helpful.  Form what can be seen, you would be a good candidate for a reduction rhinoplasty.  It is hard to tell what technique would work the best without seeing you.  At that time we would determine your exact goals and then match those goals with the right technique in order to achieve those goals.I hope that helps.  Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

ETHNIC RHINOPLASTY

Dear Chrismagnifique, You would be an excellent candidate for ethnic rhinoplasty which would refine your nose while still appearing very natural. I perform rhinoplasty procedures on many patients of european descent and it is important to provide a very natural looking rhinoplasty result that balances the patients overall facial aesthetics. In your case this would involve reducing the dorsal hump slightly refining the tip and addressing the projection. During consultation you can have imaging performed which will show you the proposed results. Review before and after photographs of similar noses and then make an informed decision. Many patients who schedule surgery out of state will do a phone consultation first and then proceed from there. I have provided a link below for examples of ethnic rhinoplasty and  a video above of a patient with a similar looking nose. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

Hi, your wishes will help determine the exact procedures that are done in your rhinoplasty operation.  Rhinoplasty is not a "cookie cutter" operation, one size fits all definitely does NOT fit all.  In looking at your face, you do have a bit of facial asymmetry, completely within the normal range, that affects the size and position of your nose.  The tip may be slightly out of proportion to the rest of the nose.  Your nose can be straightened, the bridge made smaller and the tip be more refined.  It all comes down to what you are looking for.  I'm curious as to what you mean by "do not want to look American after my Rhinoplasty."  An in person consultation will help you understand the best options available.  Good luck in your search!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for a Rhinoplasty ?

I'm not sure what an "American Nose" looks like or exactly what you want to achieve but you can and should expect a natural feminine result that does compliment your surrounding facial features. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who who devotes most of their practice to this work to clarify your goals.

Closed rhinoplasty approach

A thorough examination of the internal and external portion of the nose is required to make a precise judgment about what may be needed to refine the nose. The tip of the nose can be narrowed and refined, but it's very important to have specific goals in mind on what you are trying to accomplish. In addition, the nose can also be made more symmetrical and straight with osteotomies placed in the bridge line, which should make both three-quarter profiles the same. For more information and many rhinoplasty before-and-after results, please see the video and the link below

Rhino

What you want done is completely up to you.Rhinoplasty which typically starts at $5,500 depending on the area you live. To make sure you get the best possible result, the surgeon should perform a detailed exam of the nose and provide a realistic goal that you and your surgeon agree upon. Rhinoplasty are permanent, but with age facial features do change. Find a surgeon and go for a consult. Maybe try and see if the Dr can do photo imaging to show you what he or she can achieve.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Good candidate for rhinoplasty

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for surgery, but an in person examination would be essential.  In general if there is a side that you like more than the other it means that there is asymmetry in your nose.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Candidate.

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. Good results can be achieved with both closed and open rhinoplasty approaches.Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and technically how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

The Best Rhinoplasty and Rhinoplasty Surgery

I agree that your first 3/4 angle shows your nose most attractively, while the other two photos highlight a few "issues" that could be refined so that your nose looks consistently like your first photo.  I certainly understand your desire to keep a European aesthetic: this is not a new request in my practice.  Indeed, there are different aesthetics in Europe, and I would recommend you meet with an experienced surgeon who has been performing rhinoplasty surgeries for years so that your desired outcome can be achieved.  Please do your research carefully, reading up on reviews, educational background, board certification, and look for a board certified plastic surgeon.  The techniques I would personally use would help to refine your nose tip, straighten the bridge, and give you the more feminine look you are desiring.