Looking for revision rhinoplasty recommendations near Seattle, WA? (Photo)

I had 2 sinus surgeries 4 & 5 years ago the left me with a crooked nose and unbalanced tip. I'd like to find a doc who has a lot of experience doing revision rhinoplasty. My nose wasn't perfect before and I'm not looking for my dream nose. Want something balanced and straight.

Crooked nose repair with revision rhinoplasty

You're right to want to find a revision rhinoplasty specialist to improve your nasal issues given the complexity involved with this type of repair. A structure-based approach with grafting is often involved with this type of surgery. 

An in person visit with a few area surgeons is a good next step in assessing your options. In the meantime you can learn more about crooked nose repair and see some before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Fortunately, you live in a city (Seattle) that has many experienced plastic surgeons. Judging from your photo, your reconstruction will involve both bone and cartilage repositioning, and possible grafting as well. Revision rhinoplasties are challenging procedures, even for surgeons with extensive experience. As you stated in your question, it isn't about attaining a perfect 'dream' nose, but something more balanced and functional. I would recommend that you have more than one consult with qualified surgeons in your area before proceeding. Best of luck to you with your reconstruction.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Revision rhinoplasty candidate for crooked nose

A revision rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose and making the tip look more symmetrical.  Osteotomies  placed in the nasal bones  can accomplish straightening them.    A spreader graft composed of the patient's own cartilage may be required to help straighten the midportion of the nose.  Cartilage grafting techniques are also sometimes used to balance the nasal tip.    It is important to know how much cartilage is left on the inside of the nose for potential grafting purposes after the 2 prior sinus surgeries.  Revision rhinoplasty is more difficult than a primary rhinoplasty due to scar tissue and interruptions of the normal anatomy.  For more information and many before and after results, please see the link and the video below