What results can I expect with NeoGraft?

With so many options available in the world of hair transplants, does NeoGraft make it easier and yield better results?

Results to Expect with Neograft

In my practice Neograft does not make it easier to yield grafts or give better results.  The punch sizes that come with the Neograft are too big in my opinion, you have to punch too deep with the device, and I do not like the vacuum suction applied to the grafts.  I also do not like the grafts sitting in a holding chamber with continued flow of air over the grafts.

If you decide you would like to have the Neograft device used for your FUE procedure, please make sure the Physician is doing the entire graft extraction procedure and not the unlicensed "Neografters/Technicians" that go to the clinics and perform the surgery.

This happens commonly around my practice and patients end up making it into my office with poor results due to assistants performing the procedure asking me to repair their unsatisfactory procedure.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Results of NeoGraft FUE system can take up to a year, creating natural, healthy and strong hair.

Patients with the greatest results are those who have thick donor hair, are in good overall health and have realistic expectations. The final hair density will vary from one patient to the next, but the results of the NeoGraft FUE system can be permanent. This will depend on the client’s trigger for balding, so further hair loss may continue. For individuals with chronic hair loss, ongoing hair rejuvenation using this system is recommended in order to maintain optimal results.

It is important to realize that after the procedure, the implanted hair follicles will remain for several weeks, but then begin to shed. This normal and needed. The new hair will begin growing within 4-6 months and will continue to grow normally after that. Full results can take up to a year. As the new hair regrows, the results will be natural, healthy and strong.

Because this procedure does not require large strips of scalp removal, as with traditional transplant procedures, there is very little risk of unsightly scarring. The surgeon should provide an artistic and aesthetic eye, transplanting the hair follicles into a pleasing and natural looking fashion. Clients are left with greater hair coverage without any evidence of having anything done.

Additionally, patients who have undergone prior strip transplantation surgery can realize great results in the form of ‘scar camouflage.’ The NeoGraft FUE system can cover the surgical marks from prior hair transplants, making the scarring less noticeable and the results more natural.

Julio F. Gallo, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

NeoGraft Results

Thank you for your question. NeoGraft Follicular-Unit Extraction or FUE is an advanced minimally-invasive hair transplant method that can provide great results by implanting organically growing follicles into scalp areas that are not supporting growth. This method allows your hair to continue to grow normally with results that look natural and healthy.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

​THE RESULTS depend on the doctor, not the tool (not Neorgraft, not ARTAS, not SAFE, not FUE) ​

Neograft is a company that makes the instrument for harvesting a hair follicle.  
The Neograft terminology is often misused as a type or the name of a surgical technique.
However, "Neograft" tool is just another instrument in carrying out the FUE method of harvesting of hair.

The method of transplanting (putting in) the harvested hair is the same for all type of hair transplant surgeries.  A doctor still needs to create a hair line and make the incisions of where he wants the hairs to be transplanted.

The Neograft tool, in essence, is a hollow drill connected to a suction to core and "suck" out a hair follicle. Neograft also has a suction and push rod hand piece to facilitate the implanting of hairs. This technique was first invented and utilized by a French doctor Pascal Boudjema back in the early 1990's.

A similar technique is also utilized by the ARTAS robot, the S.A.F.E. system invented by Dr. Harris, FUE technique and Hair Implanting Pen invented by Dr. Rassman.  

Doctors who perform the FUE procedure pick and choose the instrument of their choice.  

THE RESULTS depend on the doctor, not the tool (not Neograft, not ARTAS, not SAFE, not FUE)

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Result with Neograft

Neo graft is an instrument that is used to do FUE. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a revival of the old punch technique obtaining donor hair with a small circular cutting instrument. These punches are used to harvest follicular units one at a time from the donor area. Each harvest or extraction creates a small circular scar. Since this is a blind extraction from the surface, There are always some collateral damage to the surrounding hair thereby limiting the safe donor hair. Neograft has a bigger tip therefore leaves even larger circular scars and damaging more collateral hair. Since this does not require any training, many clinics that do not specialize in hair transplantation get these instruments and use it as a side job. Since your donor hair is limited, if the extraction is not done by a hair restoration specialist you may use up most of your donor hair, having thinned out donor area, and also damaged hair to use in the recipient area which limit any improvement from hair transplantation.  Before committing your self make sure you choose a doctor with experience, ask questions, see before and after pictures, make sure there is a track record of previous results, and chose wisely.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Neograft is a method of Follicular Unit Extraction

Modern hair transplantation uses follicular units to achieve a natural look.  Follicular units are hairs that emerge from the scalp in units of one, two, or three shafts.  The surgeon can take the donor hairs in a strip or in punches that remove each follicular unit (follicular unit extraction- -or FUE).

Neograft is one method of follicular unit extraction that a transplantation team can use.  The ultimate result comes from how many hairs are transplanted that are not injured in the extraction process and how well they are placed in the recipient area.  This depends on the skill of the team, the donor area of the patient, and the healing ability of the patient more than whether neograft or some other FUE method is used. 

Gregory S. Keller, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neograft is a tool

It really depends on your doctor and the team. Anyone can buy the Neograft. So the results are more in the hands of the team then the machine. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Neograft - results?

The final result a patient achieves with a hair transplant is related to two factors:

how the grafts are taken out
how the grafts are put in

Neograft is a device that helps take grafts out - it is not related to how they are put in. If the surgeon does a great job removing grafts using the Neograft machine and does a bad job putting grafts in the result will still be poor

Neograft is just one of many many tools to extract grafts.