I've read a lot of reviews stating that HP is going to look fake. Is that true?

I'm 5'2" weighing about 98 to 100 lbs. I'm very small, and still wear size zero pants. My bra size would be a 32A and smaller. My PS said I'll be getting silicone HP 300cc on my left and 325cc on my right going under the muscle.

No, it's not

High profile implants do not necessarily result in fake looking breasts. In fact, the breasts look more natural and youthful with the correct volume choice. See an experienced BCPS. 
Good luck

Will HP implant look "fake"?

Not necessarily. The "fake" look can be determined by a number of factors including overall size of the the implant, thickness of your tissues, implant position, type of implant (saline vs silicone), and shape of implant (round vs anatomic). So it is impossible to say whether a HP implant will look fake on you.
There can be a variety of reasons for choosing a certain implant profile. The so-called base width measurement can be an important factor in determining whether a HP implant is chosen. If a patient has a small frame with a narrower base width and at the same time wants a larger implant in terms of volume (cc's), then a HP implant may be selected in order to avoid using an implant that exceeds the base width measurement - which can predispose one to other problems such as malposition or lateral rippling. In reality, proportionally larger implants and high positioning of the implant will have a much greater impact on whether an implant will look fake. 
All that said, a HP implant does have a more rounded upper curve, which if placed under thin tissues or on top of the muscle, will have a less natural slope off the chest wall and result in a more fake appearance. In your situation, with a small frame and very little breast tissue, a 325cc implant is moderately large and a HP implant may trend towards looking "fake" on you, but the "fakeness" may have as much to do with the total volume as much as the profile. The problem for you will be that a lower profile implant may wider than your recommended base width, which can also create a "fake" look but in a different way. In your situation choosing a somewhat smaller implant in terms of cc's but with a moderate profile to stay within your recommended base width may be the best way to avoid having a "fake" appearance. Another option would be to choose an anatomic or shaped implant which will provide for a much more natural look on someone with thin tissues.

There are several factors that go into producing a "fake" looking result from breast augmentation...going on top of the muscle in someone who is slender without much thickness of tissue to hide the upper edge of the implant, going too large for a particular patient's skin and tissue tightness so that there is very prominent upper chest bulging, etc. It is important that an implant not be too wide for a patient's breast, and so a common reason to go from a moderate profile implant to a high profile implant is that the patient wants a size that, for her dimensions, requires the narrower width of a more forward projecting high profile implant. In some people with very thin tissue, a moderate profile implant may look somewhat more "natural" than a high profile implant, but in others there is little difference. If you are concerned with the most natural result and are willing to compromise in size in order to achieve this, you could ask your surgeon how much smaller that your chosen size (I assume you tried on sizers and liked the 300-325cc size) you would need to go in order to fit a relatively wider but less projecting moderate profile implant safely into your breast. For example, if you would need to go down to 225cc because your breast and chest were narrow, then you would have a decision to make as to compromising on size vs. profile.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.
The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  
Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.
Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.
During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

High-profile breast implants do not necessarily look "fake"…

Thank you for the question.  I do not think it is possible to generalize that the higher profile breast implants "look fake". Generally speaking,  there are several factors that account for the "projection" of breasts after breast augmentation surgery. These may include: the patient's chest wall anatomy (flat, concave, convex,  asymmetric, medially or laterally inclined...), the amount/positioning of native breast tissue, size/position of the breast implant pockets dissected, as well as the size/profile of breast implants utilized.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Will HP look fake?

As the ratio of height to width of the implant increases, the angle of change from a very thin chest wall, as I would imagine you have, to the implant becomes very abrupt. This makes a harsh look of an obvious mass under the breast tissue. The more subtle this transition is, the more natural the augmentation will look. in my opinion, a shaped implant, because the transition in the upper portion of the brass as well as lateral and medial is very soft, gives a very natural result. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Avoiding the fake look

There are several factors that help predict whether your breasts will look natural or fake after augmentation.

1. The preop size of your breasts.  The larger you are preorp the larger you can achieve postop and still look natural.
  2. The shape and size of  your chest.  A longer torso and wider chest will allow a larger implant to look natural.
  3. The tightness/looseness of the skin and tissue.  A preop breast with some looseness will tolerate a larger implant and still look natural.
  4. The ratio of breast tissue to implant.  If you have a full B cup breast preop than a larger implant will look less artificial.

Many of these factors are dependent upon the judgement and experience of the surgeon.  That's why I ask patients to give me their goals, the size and look they want, rather than fixate on an implant size.  HP implants can look natural or fake depending on all f those factors.

Samuel Beran, MD

High profile breast implant considerations #plasticsurgery

A 'fake' breast augmentation result is dependent on the relationship between the breast implant's diameter and the patient's breast width. A round and 'fake' appearance is a result of pushing implant diameter beyond the width of the breast.

High Profile Implants

This is an interesting question.  With the round silicone gel implants, higher profile means a more round and full look will be achieved which can sometimes give a "done" or fake look.  The gummy bear anatomically shaped implants are a little different.  We first start with your dimensions and pick a series of shaped implants that will fit you chest width and height.  From there we then select a profile based on the volume you like when you are fitted with the older style implants.  For instance we may choose a low profile 13 cm wide implant if you measure 13 cm and like a 250 to 300 cc implant.  However, if you like a 500 to 600 cc implant we would choose a high profile.  It is confusing but the profile just adds volume while keeping your dimensions appropriate for you.  This way we can shape your breast and get a better result.

I hope that helps.
Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. This is unfortunately a matter of opinion. What looks "fake" to one person, another person might consider to be a great look. In my opinion, the ability of a breast augmentation to look disguised depends on what covers the implant. In your case, being very petite and small with very little normal breast tissue presumably, any type of implant is going to have a very round appearance and not be easily disguised. That is not to say you cannot have a nice result, but when one's breasts are composed of 90% implant and 10% natural breast, then that tends to be more "implant looking," HP implant just means that the implant has more projection and less width for any given volume. If you think that a very projected breast looks "fake," then that is a matter of opinion. I would just make sure that you try on the implants and select one that is right for you and make sure you are comfortable with your choice before proceeding.