Could I qualify for nipple reduction? (photo)

I'm extremely insecure about the size of my areola and how my breasts are asymmetrical. Do I qualify for nipple reduction?

Breast asymmetry/Nipple reduction/Areola reduction

Correction of breast asymmetry is challenging and I would advise you see a fully qualified plastic surgeon who is experienced in this. It is possible to correct the size of the areolae and also the size of the nipples and improve the symmetry of your breasts. Techniques involved include the use of fat transfer and breast implants.

All the very best,

Jonathan Adamthwaite FRCS (Plast) Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

All the very best,

Breast asymmetry

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. If the size of your areola truly bother you this is something that can be improved with surgery. Just remember that the nipple and the areola are 2 different things. The areola is the colored portion on the breast mound and the nipple is the raised part located on the areola. If the size of your nipples bothers you then that can be reduced as well. As far as the asymmetry of your breasts goes, this can be improved by placing a breast implant in the smaller breast. If you wanted augmentation of both breasts then you could have a slightly larger implant placed in the smaller breast. Please make sure you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon and I wish you all the best!

Ankur Mehta MD

Breast asymmetry

Ankur Mehta MD

Could I qualify for nipple reduction?

Thank you for sharing your question.  You can have both your areola and nipple reduced to achieve greater symmetry if you desire.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation in order to maximize your results.  Best wishes. 

Could I qualify for nipple reduction?