Puffy nipples reduction. Should I follow my doctor's suggestion following gynecomastia?

I am 6 months post op (very small gland and liposuction) Now, my chest looks better than before but when it gets warm, the aerola gets pushed forward and gets puffy. My doctor insists to tell me it is not the gland. He removed part of it and leaving a very tiny bit. He also left a very thin flat layer. So he said he will make small punches around the aerola complex to tighten the aerola complex. I still feel the cause is the gland but he keeps saying it is not. Should I follow his suggestion?

At 6 months, the "puffy nipples" finding should be resolved and is very likely secondary to incomplete excision of the gland. However, the only way to tell for sure is with exploration and re-excision of the remnant gland. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Puffy Nipple Procedure

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.Men who suffer from large areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. In order to be informed of what results can be achieved from surgery, men who desire to have this surgery should look at before and after pictures of patients who have undergone corrective surgery for the "puffy nipple" condition  Before the surgery, and then several months following the surgery. Considering the length of time this takes, it would in fact be best to follow the instructions of your doctor. Good luck!