What procedures do I need to ask for change my upturned nose? (photos)

I have an upturned nose with uneven nostrils and thick skin at the base of my visible septum (the first picture). I would like something more like the second picture. What surgery could I use to achieve that, if possible? And could I achieve something similar with fillers, even just to test out the look? Finally, can I have my nasion shaved down for a better profile? Any risks I should talk to my doctor about? Thank you!

Treatment of upturned tip

It's very hard to say what treatment would be best for you without seeing your nose in more views and different angles (especially a profile view).

It is possible to make a tip less upturned with rhinoplasty surgery. Fillers would not be a good alternative to surgery if you want to make your tip less upturned.

You can learn more about upturned tip repair at my web reference link below.

Procedures to Change My Upturned Nose

Rather than being concerned about specific techniques I suggest you find an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your goals. All your other appropriate concerns should be answered during a thorough consultation

Rhinoplasty considerations for a Seattle patient

Its tough to appreciate the changes your modelled in your 'morph' rhinoplasty image - in general terms, an overly rotated nasal tip with excessive projection can be corrected with rhinoplasty surgery. A in-person exam with medical photography is an important first step and we are happy to see you in our Seattle clinic.

Rhinoplasty candidate

The nose is a three-dimensional structure and  therefore a full set of facial photographs from all angles are required to make a determination about a surgical procedure which is also three-dimensional. Digital computer imaging would also be helpful at the time of the consultation and examination to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure. For more information and many  before and after examples of closed rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty to reshape the nose

Hi there, to achieve the results you are looking for, I suggest you meet with a rhinoplasty surgeon. From your photos, the results you are looking for in the nasal tip can probably be achieved with nasal tip sutures. Fillers seem like a good idea because of the temporary result, but keep in mind you are adding material into your nose which will inevitably make it bigger. Hope this was helpful!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon