What Does One's Partner Need to Know After Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery?

Since this procedure tightens the vagina, is there anything specific that one's partner needs to be aware of after the initial surgery? 

Vaginal rejuvenation recovery

The most important thing I tell my patients and their partners in this regard is that you must abstain from sexual intercourse for 6 weeks following surgery to ensure everything heals properly. After that you should be fine, but check in with your surgeon first to make sure everything is completely healed. Good luck!

Sex after Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

Laser vaginal rejuvenation will effectively enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will also effectively decrease the internal and external vaginal diameters as well as build up the perineal body. Sexual gratification for the female is directly related to the amount of frictional forces generated according to Masters and Johnson. We can accomplish this with Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation.It is important that you completely heal and you can resume sexual activity in six weeks. After six weeks you were completely heal from LVR®. We recommend for the first several times when you engage in sexual activity that you use a lubricating jelly such as KY jelly. This can help assist in the ease and comfort of sex. Remember that your vaginal and structures have been reconstructed. LVR® increases vaginal muscle tone, contractile force, decrease of the internal and external diameters and it builds up the perineal body thereby enhancing sexual gratification. The vagina is accommodating.

Partner- Slow and Easy!

Good Morning,Understanding the intent of the procedure is to tighten (restore) the vagina, particularly the introitus (vaginal opening) caution and care are warranted when resuming intercourse. Your partner will need to be patient until all has healed completely, this information will be provided by your surgeon and should be adhered to strictly. When you have been given "clearance" from your surgeon to resume sexual activity all would advise a very slow and gradual approach with an emphasis on liberal use of lubricants. Starting with fingers is always a good idea. When you feel that you are ready to attempt penetration positions where you maintain complete control of the depth, rate, rhythm etc. will allow a safe transition to your "normal" sex life. There is no time table for this; it is completely individual. Hope this helps.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Your vagina will be tighter after vaginal rejuvenation. Your partner should start slow and prepare to have his mind blown.

If I were to prepare an "Owner's Manual" for your vaginoplasty, the most important issue would be getting back into sex slowly at the beginning. Start with fingers and lube, then action with you in control. After a few sessions, business as usual.

Partner info

Your partner needs to know that you will be quite tight and the first few times you have intercourse he must be gentle and use a lot of lubricant (I recommend coconut oil). You will stretch over time to accomodate him.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN