What are my options? My neck has started to sag at only 31? I'm very healthy and in great shape. Don't smoke or drink (Photo)

After I turned 30 I started noticing that my neck is not as tight as before. I tried thermi smooth and didn't see a difference then I did fractora fractional and I swear it looks worse than before. I am thinking of precision tx on the chin to get rid of extra fat and hopefully tighten up the skin. I was thinking of getting kybella but that doesn't tighten up the skin also ultherapy doesn't work. Would precision tx tighten that area or is that a waste of money. What are my options.

Precision Tx Neck Tightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Precision Tx is an excellent option for the younger patient with little fat and mildly lax skin in the neck.

Some patients have lax platysma muscles which can be improved with Botox injections.  For those seeking more long term and reliable results tightening of these muscles through a small incision beneath the chin is  accomplished by a minor office procedure under local anesthesia.

Once a patient has failed various treatment modalities the most reliable approach is the most conservative one.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Neck tightening

Thanks for the question!

From the angle, it's actually not clear that you have extra fat in this area or if it is just skin. If there is fat as part of the issue, treatment with Kybella or other mesotherapy agents will help with the fat/fullness part.

It also isn't clear if there is a component of the skin being pulled down/out by bands of muscle. If so, medications like Botox or Xeomin can relax the muscle bands and particularly in someone with younger skin like yourself, this can make an impressive difference in the area.

Finally, I think people way over-promise what non-invasive skin tightening can do, leaving many patients disappointed, out a good bit of $ and frustrated. I have had way better luck in this area using thread lifts to tighten the skin and stimulate collagen production for more consistent results.

Rebecca Gelber, MD
Incline Village Physician

Getting rid of that pesky neck fat

Hi there, Kybella may be able to help you, it will get rid of any excess fat and if you use SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex (AM and PM) and Total Defense and Repair (AM only) it will help tighten the skin. We have found the combination of these 3 products works very well, you just need to be evaluated in person so the provider can see if you have excess fat enough for Kybella. If you don't, try just those 2 topical products for 90 days.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

When in Doubt--Go with VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, ultrasound

The best treatment for neck/jawline/chin in my experience is VASER hi def liposuction. I find that VASER liposuction in combination with ThermiRF or ultrasound are best for contouring the chin in those who are candidates but Kybella can be used as an alternative with or without thermage/ultherapy/exilis. See an expert. Best. Dr. Emer