Is the O-Shot painful?

How painful is the O-Shot?

O-Shot and discomfort

Thank you for your question.  The O-shot can be administered with virtually no discomfort at all.  With a combination of numbing cream, injections and ice, the procedure for the vast majority is very tolerable.

O-Shot and discomfort

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Should Have no Pain With O Shot

Thank you for your question.  With the medical grade numbing solution (topical lidocaine) we use, this injection should be pain free.  

Should Have no Pain With O Shot

"O-Shot" discomfort

With an adequate local topical anesthetic the treatment should be only mildly uncomfortable - essentially painless.

"O-Shot" discomfort

Pain free O-Shot

My goal is to employ multiple methods to make the O-shot pain free.   We use a topical anesthetic while the patient's blood is spun down to yield the PRP  ( platelet rich plasma ) .   After 20 minutes of topical medicine we apply ice and than place a nerve block to the clitorus.    Each patient has had a pain free experience with the O-Shot and have been satisfied with our protocol.  They are now enjoying a more healthy and enhanced sexual experience with their partners.  

Pain free O-Shot

Mild Pain

The best way to avoid pain is numbing cream and ice.  If these two are used you should be okay.  Minimal discomfort.

Mild Pain

Is OShot painful?

O Shot is completely painless if it is done correctly! I place my signature numbing agent over the sites of injection  30 minutes prior to the injections.  Then blood is drawn from the arm in the same way as with any blood test. Then,  platelet rich plasma (PRP) is isolated using a centrifuge.  The whole process takes about 10 minutes and is done  in the room with the patient. Then, using a very thin needle, PRP is injected into the clitoris and the upper vagina. Because these areas have been numbed, the woman feels little or no pain.Having said that , the injection into the upper pole of the vagina should be painless even without any numbing cream IF IT IS DONE THE RIGHT WAY!Almost all women receiving O-Shot™ procedure enjoy an increase in their sexual response, and for many the increase is dramatic.

Is OShot painful?

O-shot is virtually pain free procedure

As stated in other responses, topical numbing medication is applied 20-30 minutes prior to the procedure. I also use an injection of lidocaine (and sometimes ice) to give an added anesthetic to sensitive areas allowing patients to feel even more comfortable throughout the whole procedure. Most women are so surprised they did not feel  much discomfort whatsoever. 

Good luck!

Marisol Arcila Moon, MD
Jacksonville Physician

O-shot is virtually pain free procedure

Good luck!

Marisol Arcila Moon, MD
Jacksonville Physician

Is the O-Shot Painful

I get this question a lot! In my office we provide patients with a compounded lidocaine cream that they apply at least 30 minutes prior to the procedure. Often my patients are pleasantly surprised and the majority of them report little to no pain. Cheers!

Is the O-Shot Painful

Virtually painless O-Shot

This is a great question that just about everyone of my patients have asked before the  O-Shot treatment. I use a topical numbing cream specially compounded by our local pharmacist. The topical numbing is placed on the treatment area for 20 minutes. Then I inject a local agent numbing the area further, also not painful. Only then is the O-shot injected. Patients are pleasantly surprised when the treatment is completed and typically respond, "Was that it? I didn't even feel it". 

Virtually painless O-Shot

O Shot and Pain

Thanks for your question!  The O shot is very tolerable with topical numbing medication.  In my office, we place the numbing agent over the sites of injection at least 20 minutes prior to the injections.  This definitely helps keep you comfortable during the procedure!  Best of luck!

O Shot and Pain