Is the O-Shot painful?

How painful is the O-Shot?

Is OShot painful?

O Shot is completely painless if it is done correctly! I place my signature numbing agent over the sites of injection  30 minutes prior to the injections.  Then blood is drawn from the arm in the same way as with any blood test. Then,  platelet rich plasma (PRP) is isolated using a centrifuge.  The whole process takes about 10 minutes and is done  in the room with the patient. Then, using a very thin needle, PRP is injected into the clitoris and the upper vagina. Because these areas have been numbed, the woman feels little or no pain.Having said that , the injection into the upper pole of the vagina should be painless even without any numbing cream IF IT IS DONE THE RIGHT WAY!Almost all women receiving O-Shot™ procedure enjoy an increase in their sexual response, and for many the increase is dramatic.

New York General Surgeon

O-shot is virtually pain free procedure

As stated in other responses, topical numbing medication is applied 20-30 minutes prior to the procedure. I also use an injection of lidocaine (and sometimes ice) to give an added anesthetic to sensitive areas allowing patients to feel even more comfortable throughout the whole procedure. Most women are so surprised they did not feel  much discomfort whatsoever. 

Good luck!

Marisol Arcila Moon, MD
Jacksonville Physician

Is the O-Shot Painful

I get this question a lot! In my office we provide patients with a compounded lidocaine cream that they apply at least 30 minutes prior to the procedure. Often my patients are pleasantly surprised and the majority of them report little to no pain. Cheers!

Virtually painless O-Shot

This is a great question that just about everyone of my patients have asked before the  O-Shot treatment. I use a topical numbing cream specially compounded by our local pharmacist. The topical numbing is placed on the treatment area for 20 minutes. Then I inject a local agent numbing the area further, also not painful. Only then is the O-shot injected. Patients are pleasantly surprised when the treatment is completed and typically respond, "Was that it? I didn't even feel it". 

O Shot and Pain

Thanks for your question!  The O shot is very tolerable with topical numbing medication.  In my office, we place the numbing agent over the sites of injection at least 20 minutes prior to the injections.  This definitely helps keep you comfortable during the procedure!  Best of luck!