Is the O-Shot painful?

How painful is the O-Shot?

Is the O-Shot Painful

I get this question a lot! In my office we provide patients with a compounded lidocaine cream that they apply at least 30 minutes prior to the procedure. Often my patients are pleasantly surprised and the majority of them report little to no pain. Cheers!

Virtually painless O-Shot

This is a great question that just about everyone of my patients have asked before the  O-Shot treatment. I use a topical numbing cream specially compounded by our local pharmacist. The topical numbing is placed on the treatment area for 20 minutes. Then I inject a local agent numbing the area further, also not painful. Only then is the O-shot injected. Patients are pleasantly surprised when the treatment is completed and typically respond, "Was that it? I didn't even feel it". 

O Shot and Pain

Thanks for your question!  The O shot is very tolerable with topical numbing medication.  In my office, we place the numbing agent over the sites of injection at least 20 minutes prior to the injections.  This definitely helps keep you comfortable during the procedure!  Best of luck!