Nu-V Laser: Is there any downtime?

Is there any downtime or recovery time required after this treatment?

Hi dear, thanks for your question. You can start sexual activity from the post laser treatment week or laser vaginal tightening.

Dominican Republic OB/GYN

Downtime after vaginal laser?

I am not familiar with the specifics of the Nu-V laser, but I do know about other vaginal lasers on the market and they are all similar in activity.  Vaginal lasers use "fractional" laser technology, which causes the laser to burn thousands of tiny holes in the vaginal tissue.  This stimulates healing: new blood vessel growth, collagen growth, and a general rejuvenation and plumping of the tissue, which has the end result of producing tightening and improved overall function (lubrication, sensation?).  Other laser companies tout "no downtime," but I do not know what their definition of "downtime" is.  I can assure you that if you have thousands of tiny holes burned into the vaginal walls, there WILL be some downtime, meaning, some period of time when those little holes have to heal over - maybe 3-4 days, as this tissue usually heals quite fast.  During those 3-4 days, however, there would be some vaginal discharge, perhaps with some blood and I would discourage a patient from engaging in vaginal sex until after a week, at least.  In my book, that equals downtime.  You will not be in pain or have to curtail activities of daily living (driving, work, chores), but you will have to allow time for healing to occur.  After looking into all the options for addressing non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation, I decided to purchase ThermiVa for my office for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which was: no thousands of tiny holes and no burning; therefore, really NO downtime, no matter how you want to define it.  We have had it for just over one year and have been VERY pleased with the results so far.