Is NeoGraft expensive?

How does NeoGraft compare to other methods or instrumentation used in FUE?

Neograft

Whether Neograft is expensive or not depends on your financial situation. To some people a Ferrari is expensive and to others it's like a pair of shoes. Different clinics charge different prices and different people have different budgets.

How it compares to other FUE instrumentation depends on what instrumentation and who is using it.  For example, I would not use a Neograft. The punch sizes are too big, you have to punch too deep with it, and I do not like the vacuum suction applied to the grafts.  The machine is also far too slow for me.  So in my practice it compares poorly to my instrumentation and technique.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cost

The cost is $5 per graft/or per hair follicle starting at 750 grafts. The national average is anywhere between $5 and $7 per graft. We do require a minimum of 500 grafts be transplanted at any one time. 2000 grafts are equal to about the size of a music CD.       

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

NeoGraft Cost

Thank you for your question. The cost of NeoGraft is competitive with other procedures. As patients consult with board certified hair specialist physicians, they should keep a few factors in mind. In other words, do not consider cosmetic procedures for their cost alone, but instead, consider other factors that may include, the surgeon's experience, the projected results of the procedure, the projected discomfort level of the procedure and the recovery processes.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

COST OF NEOGRAFT

Expensive of any procedure is difficult to determine, given various financial situations.  In our extensive experience with hair transplantation, Neograft, and FUE (follicular unit extraction) procedures, cost is largely based on what is required for transplantation.  FUE/Neograft prices, in our practice, are comparable to the more traditional "strip" procedures.  Advantages include no linear scar, less pain, and natural results.

Your best bet is scheduling a consultation.  While consultations are complimentary at our practice, some offices do charge for evaluations.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Varies

It varies from doctor to doctor.  Neograft is just another instrument in carrying out the FUE method of harvesting of hair.  

THE RESULTS depend on the doctor, not the tool (not Neograft, not ARTAS, not SAFE, not FUE)

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Neo graft expensive?

Neo graft is an instrument that is used to do FUE. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a revival of the old punch technique obtaining donor hair with a small circular cutting instrument. These punches are used to harvest follicular units one at a time from the donor area. The cost differs from place to place, but compared to other FUE techniques it is about the same. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is Neograft expensive

Neograft is not inexpensive, like any plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery. However the cost is not much more than strip technique and is well worth it. Your scar at the donor site is bad with strip. You can save the money, but you will be left with more evidence of the procedure, especially at the beach or pool. Neograft is worth it!

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Neograft pricing depends on the surgeon and area treated

I charge by the area (small, medium, and large) rather than "by-the-graft" because my goal of the procedure is to provide appropriate coverage of the area rather than chasing a “number”. Depending on the quality of the grafts (# of hairs in each graft), the quoted number of grafts may be too many or too little. As a hair transplant surgeon, I make the goal of the procedure to be the best outcome for my patient rather than an arbitrary number of grafts.

Neograft is only a tool to extract hairs. It utilizes the follicular unit extraction (FUE) technique that avoids linear scarring.  The Neograft procedure is more expensive than a strip procedure because the increased cost of the device and longer procedure time is factored into the cost of the procedure. -Dr. Keaney

Terrence Keaney, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Neograft cost

Neograft can cost 3.25$ - 11$ per graft.  Anything outside this range could be of concern but you  never know.  Neograft can be more affordable as compared to other FUE methods but it also depends on the clinics.  Some clinics charge the same.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist