MonaLisa Touch: Who Is A Candidate?
Doctor Answers 11
MonaLisa Touch: Who Is A Candidate?
Non-surgical Vaginal Tightening with Mona Lisa Touch
As I stated in an earlier post, I find the use of radio frequency to be superior to any of the vaginal lasers because it can treat the external labia and tighten it and reduce the "Camel Toes" that the lasers really cannot do. I find the radio frequency treatments inside the vagina to be much superior also in terms of tightening effects, increased lubrication and moisture, and even reduction in leaky bladders and overactive bladders. Surprisingly radio frequency effects can also help with orgasmic dysfunction. Those who take a long time to achieve orgasms or are anorgasmic have been helped with radio frequency devices. It is known that radio waves have a tissue healing and regenerative effect that stimulates your own cells to produce growth factors, collagen, and improved blood flow to local areas. In my practice I have been amazed at the results obtained using radio frequency in an extremely safe, comfortable manner with zero downtime. The effects lasts an average of 9-12 months. For full disclosure, I am biased because I helped invent and develop the radio frequency device and have almost ten years of experience working with the technology. Radio frequency devices for vaginal use will enter the US and European markets in May, 2015.
Hope this helps.
Red Alinsod, MD
Mona Lisa Touch to help intimacy issues
Mona Lisa Touch is best suited to those struggling with vaginal dryness, urinary incontinence, and painful sexual intercourse related to peri and post menopausal changes from estrogen levels decreasing. Vaginal tightening may also be seen in some women. Also, women undergoing hormonal treatment of breast cancer are great candidates as well. These ladies are pushed into medical menopause with hormone blockers. Some women being treated in their early twenties for their breast cancer can have post menopausal symptoms very early in their treatment. One of my young patients described having sex like her husband was wearing a sand paper condom during intercourse. This can be improved. As a doctor who deals with breast cancer daily and a CO2 laser expert, my best advice is to get treatment early to maintain rather than wait and try the uphill battle to regain.
You might also like...
Non Hormone treatment for atrophy and sexual function
There are many groups who benefit from MonaLisa Touch (MLT) therapy. The top reasons that we treat patients are:
1) Vaginal atrophy in menopause. We use the MLT laser to relieve symptoms of itching, burning and pain with intercourse. It normalizes the tissues, pH and bacteria in the vagina without the use of hormones. This is especially good for women who can not use hormones (breast cancer, uterine cancer, blood clots) and those who have not had success with hormone. Some women just don't tolerate the pills or creams, and find this a wonderful alternative.
2) Urinary symptoms. Especially in menopause (but even before) we see and increase in urgency and frequency of urination and can also see an increase in stress incontinence (losing urine with cough, sneeze, exercise). MLT laser can help with all of these symptoms, as long as there is no anatomic disorder that needs to be fixed.
3) Lichen Sclerosis. Women with lichen sclerosis can see an improvement with external treatment with MLT, which may allow them to significantly reduce their topical steroid use.
I hope this helps.
Who is a Candidate for the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser treatment?
Candidates for the MonaLisa Touch™ vaginal laser treatment include the following:
- women who wish to avoid the risks associated with hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- GSM or vaginal atrophy, vaginal dryness – usually menopausal
- dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- a history of breast cancer, thrombophlebitis, or other contraindications to estrogen
- poor responders to estrogen treatment
- patients with the goal of returning to premenopausal health
- women who experience medical induced menopause (surgery)
Women don't talk about it!!!
MonaLisa Touch: Who Is A Candidate
Candidates for Mona Lisa Touch
MonaLisa Touch: Laser Treatment for Vaginal Dryness
Mona Lisa Touch
There are 2 Italian studies which have shown a remarkable improvement, well over 70% success rate. There has also been a small pilot study at Univ Cincinnati and Stanford which supports those Italian studies.
MLT is a very effective therapy for menopausal atrophy of vaginal tissue with significant improvement in reducing, and eliminating pain with sex. The MLT is not the same laser that is used for facial or any other body part. This laser uses a bimodal laser beam which was developed specifically for vaginal tissue. It is painless and has good results. Check out Mona Lisa Touch or cynosure.
This is a game changer for women, especially for those who have had breast cancer and can not or do not want estrogen
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.