Is there a list of must haves to be prepared for post op?

Clothing Scar cream Tape Ointment

Post-op Recovery

Hello and thank you for your question. Each surgeon has their own set of rules and instructions post-op. You should follow-up with your surgeon for specific instructions. I wish you the best of luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Reduction/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

List of 'must haves' for post-op recovery?

Thank you for your question. Many patients are pleasantly surprised by their recovery from breast reduction. Your surgeon can review his/her particular pain medication regimen, soft bra support, activity level, etc. It is always helpful to have some easy meals prepared or planned. The most important recommendation that I can give, is to remain in communication with your surgeon post-operatively. If you have questions or concerns after your procedure, your plastic surgeon will want to hear from you. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Breast Reduction Post Operatively

A breast reduction recovery can be really very simple.  Surgeons have varying protocols and some of the protocols can be somewhat confining and complicated however, if your surgeon embraces the new sports medicine protocols, you should be back up and moving with little need for special dressings, creams, tape or clothing.  I have added a link to a patient review who had a breast reduction and she speaks to some of your concerns.I hope that helps.Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Preop instructions

We see the patients two week before surgery for a one hour instruction educational visit.  The plan, clearance, preop medications, photos, bloodwork and physical/history are performed then.  You do not meet the anesthesiologist until the day of the surgery.

What is Needed After Breast Reduction Surgery

Your surgeon will most likely tell you what you will need to have at home after surgery. I give my patients a booklet with instructions for before and after surgery. I want my patients to be sure to arrange to have someone stay with them for at least the first 24 hours, have prescriptions filled, prepare meals and freeze in advance if no one will be doing this. Have plenty of clean clothing ready with the opening in front. Have items on hand to keep you occupied during recovery such as, books, movies, a laptop, etc. If you smoke, stop for a minimum of 4 weeks before surgery, stop taking any blood thinners for 2 weeks before surgery. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD