Liposuction: help assessing risk of unsatisfactory results? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 3
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- TECHNIQUE, SKILL, FAT TRANSFER, HIDEF
There is a lot that determines a good result
1) amount of fat before procedure
2) amount of muscle and toneness before procedure
3) amount of cellulite and skin laxity/hanging skin before procedure
4) goals for the final results
5) expertise, skill and technique -- few doctors do a hi def approach and get just standard traditional outcomes.
I suggest you see an expert in body shaping for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.
Liposuction - how to get that perfect result?
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- A lot of different elements go into a great liposuction result.
- E.g. - a person's natural ability to heal, the amount of fat being removed, the expertise of the surgeon, the type of machine, the size of the cannula and whether enough fat is left to conceal the tunnels made under with skin.
- Judging from your photos, most important for you is likely to be an experienced surgeon using a 2 and 3 mm cannula, a machine that does not generate heat (vaser, laser) and leaving enough fat to conceal the surgery.
- You are thin, you do not seem to have much fat to remove -
- So small cannulas are needed.
- And the heat of laser/vaser machines may burn the underside of your skin making for an irregular result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.