Left implant not dropping/too far apart? (Photo)

I had surgery almost a month ago and my left implant still has not dropped. I've been massaging and wearing the strap. My doctor she said she was going to do 500cc HP. After surgery it was 475cc mod plus! Not what we talked about! My implants look and feel far apart, there is a huge gap between them and I thought with such big implants they would be closer together. They also feel like they are near my arm pits and look smaller than 475. Will I need a revision?

More time

Expect at least 2 months for your implants to settle. One month is not enough time. They always look a little strange in the beginning. Only then can we give some advice. 

Breast implant malposition

Thanks for your photos which show the reason why I do not do trans-axillary breast augmentation.  Although I learned how to do this in training, I found it so difficult to accurately place the infra mammary fold, even with the help of a scope, that I abandoned this approach.  I know there are some surgeons who have consistently nice results with the trans-axillary but I am not one of them.  

I do not think your left side will magically slide into the proper position.  My guess is that you will need a surgical revision.  Make sure you follow up with your surgeon.  She surely wants you to get the best result possible. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

1 month

I would share your concern about the asymmetry, but at one month it is clearly too early to be thinking about revision surgery. Continuing the massage and wearing the pectoral band may still help achieve some more drop on the left side.  

The right implant appears to be properly positioned, and is centered on the nipple and areola, so you may not achieve the cleavage that you may have wanted. I do think that if both breasts looked like the right breast there would be less concern.

It may well be that a revision will be needed to achieve the result that you desire, but this should not be considered for another 3 months, perhaps longer if there is ongoing improvement. 

All the best. 

Not dropping

It can take a few months for the implants to "drop" and they may settle at different rates.  That being said it appears likely that you may require a revision for the left side to adjust the position more toward the midline and lower.  It is best to wait at least 4 months to determine for sure if this is necessary but in the mean time I would recommend continuing the aggressive massage and binder which can help guide the implant downward.  I agree with Dr Marosan that a high profile implant would make the cleavage gap wider.   Good luck and stay in contact with your surgeon.

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Revision?

Hi 
Clearly the result at this stage is less than ideal and it is likely that you will need an adjustment to get things right but I agree with the other surgeons that this is not the ideal time to do it. I would wait at least 3 months before thinking of any further surgery 

Discuss with your PS

Best wishes

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision question

Your asymmetry is visible in the photos and also the fact that you had a somewhat difficult starting point on the right side with a very vague crease. I agree with Dr. Marosan that you may well need some additional work on the left side but it is best to wait until 4 months for the swelling to settle down. There is no difference between 475 and 500 cc's but there is a difference between mod plus and high profile in terms of the projection. A 500 cc HP would have been narrower than a 475 mod plus and the gap in the middle would actually have been wider.

Left implant not dropping/too far apart?

It looks like you had transaxillary breast augmentation under the muscle. The right side looks fine, although the incision is not in the armpit. The left side pocket is under dissected medially and inferiorly. The left side is a malpositioned implant, and most likely you will need a revision to lower and bring the implant medially to match your right side. There's not a lot of difference between 475 and 500cc (less than an ounce). This is not the optimal time to do a revision, stay close to your surgeon and follow her recommendations. Good luck.

Implant malposition

Thanks for you questions and concerns. I would agree that your implants are not in the correct position right now, but you still see improvement for at least a couple more months. A revision might be necessary, but at this point it is too early to tell. 

As for the implant size, I can understand the distress with the communication problem. You should definitely discuss this with your PS, I imagine she had her reasons for the change.