Laser tattoo removal- I was told to pop blisters and they did not shave my arm. Should I be concerned?

I just started my first laser tattoo removal. I was told by the practitioner to pop my blisters (she gave me needles to pop it with) is that normal? Also, she did not shave my arm before the laser treatment but I am wondering if that way mainly why I was in so much pain. I love my practitioner but little things like that sort of bothered me about her clinic. Should I be concerned about this clinic?

Laser Tattoo Removal -- Takes a series of treatments

Do not pop any blisters, you skin care till healed then again star the next treatment.  See your MD provider if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Blistering after tattoo removal

It isn't the norm to have blister after tattoo removal. Pain is associated with tattoo removal but it can be minimized using lidocaine creams and injections. How to treat the blister is hard without seeing it.

Steven F. Weiner, MD