What kind of dorsal hump reduction do I need? (photo)

I'm extremely self-conscious about my dorsal hump, and although friends and family members repeat that it's not as noticeable as I think, I still wish to have it removed through rhinoplasty. What is a way I can achieve a "perfect nose"? Why is my nose shaped this way to begin with? How much would it cost me to have it 'reduced'. I would really appreciate any insight to this. Thank you.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

What kind of dorsal hump reduction do I need?

In person exam, and a good set of photos- are needed in order to answer your question more accurately. From the profile photo you have submitted- it appears that you would benefit from Rhinoplasty in order to improve your profile. I would utilize a closed Rhinoplasty technique especially if it's a primary Rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is a very unique operation and therefore I always recommend that patients do their research, verify with American Board of Plastic Surgery to make sure the Surgeon they are choosing is Board Certified. Seek an an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam with a wide variety of before ad after photos. For more info - you can see video attached

Thank you for your  question

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump removal

It's hard to say what your best treatment options are without examining and seeing more of your nose. Based on your 1 photo I can see how you do have a bridge bump that likely can be smoothed. It's important to understand that there isn't a way to get a "perfect" nose with rhinoplasty. We all have minor asymmetries, etc.  I do feel that what is important is to get a natural appearing results.You can learn more about bridge hump reduction and see before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hi thanks to share your pic.you will benefit from dorsal  hump removal which is involving the bony as well the cartilaginous part followed by osteotomy to narrow the bridge of the nose .however do consult all  your desires to your surgeon in detail so that you can  achieve a surgical outcome in proportion to your facial features.

Dorsal nasal hump

The dorsal hump can be removed with rasping bone and shaving cartilage below the bone.  Often this would be combined with osteotomies.  The picture also suggests that you may benefit from a small onlay graft of cartilage between the tip and nasal hump.

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

No perfect nose

There is no perfect nose, so don't set yourself with that goal!  We can make improvements to the nose and change some of the things we don't like, however.  If it is just the hump you don't like, that can be removed relatively easily with what we call and endonasal rhinoplasty.  The cost depends on the area, the surgeon and if you want any other changes to the nose.The best place to start is with an office visit to a facial plastic surgeon, where the two of you can look at your nose together from all angles and discuss what changes you would like to make.  From there you can make a plan and get an estimate of costBest of luckDr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump reduction

The dorsal hump can be taken down with Rhinoplasty surgery.  A dorsal hump is a composite of both cartilage and bone. Cost will depend on what is done. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if hump removal is all that is needed. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal in men #plasticsurgery

A dorsal hump is a composite of both cartilage and bone - its a normal variant of nasal anatomy. For patients that desire dorsal hump removal, a rhinoplasty is an operation designed to accomplish this, along with other cosmetic changes within the nose.

Rhinoplasty

Hi,Thanks for posting your question. You have a small dorsal hump that is visible from this photograph. A rhinoplasty (open or closed) can address the bump. It can also address other aspects of your nose such as length, shape of up, width etc. depending on what you like and also on what is possible. It is important to realize that rhinoplasty will give you an improved version of YOUR nose. There is no perfect nose but you can expect realistic improvements that your surgeon can discuss with you during the consultation. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon