I'd like to improve my profile and my pugged nose. Suggestions? Kybella? (photos)

I've been considering neck liposuction and a Chin implant.

Treatment recommendations

Thank you for your question Charliesmama79. I understand your concern. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. If I had a patient who looked like the person in these photographs I would say she is a good candidate for fillers in the mid-face and chin along with Kybella.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Treatment recommendations

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella and Fillers Can Strengthen Profile

Kybella is an excellent way to dissolve under-chin fat without surgery. It will probably take at least two treatments to get the results you want. Voluma or Juvederm can be used to create a nonsurgical chin augmentation. Between these two procedures, you will have a stronger profile and a sleeker, younger looking jawline. 

As for your nose, I'm not quite sure what you want to do with it. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty usually involves using fillers to smooth out bumps. Botox might be able to relax your tip a bit, if that's what is bothering you. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out how you can get a more flattering profile without surgery.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella

I always think it's a good idea to start with the least invasive procedure, which would be Kybella. However, it's important that your expectations are clear. Kybella will reduce the pocket of fat underneath your chin. This may alter the way that you perceive your chin, but it won't actually change your chin. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Chin implant with liposuction

The surgical treatment to improve the chin projection and neck contour would be neck liposuction with a chin implant. If you are not interested in surgery, but looking to solely improve your neckline, then Kybella is a great alternative. It typically takes about 2-3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart to achieve maximal results. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant with liposuction

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'd like to improve my profile and my pugged nose. Suggestions? Kybella?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination I would recommend a multi-prong approach to improve upon your profile appearance.  I would start with dermal fillers placed into the jaw to augment both your chin and improve upon your subtle jowling.  The improved chin projection will also help define your jawline.  Filler placement into your cheeks will help improve your mid face while also aiding your profile, while Kybella may be on option to address the upper neck/low chin region if an exam shows this convex appearance to be fat-based.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your treatment options in greater detail.

Hello Charliesmama79,The best way to assess your profile is with a photo from the side with your shoulders square.  The view you provided makes it difficut to completely assess your profile.  What I do see does show a chin that is on the smaller side.  This would be improved with a chin implant which would also improve your neck line to an extent.   On your frontal view you are looking slightly down which makes the chin/submental area look worse.  If there is a fat component there then you can benefit from Kybella.  Likewise if you are getting a chin implant then liposuction at the same time may be the better option.  You don't have enough fat to consider cool sculpting as your chin wouldn't fit the transducer.  ThermiRF is no better than liposuction, still requires an incision and dissection, and carries a risk of burning the skin so I wouldn't go that route but others may suggest it.I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon.  This way you can learn about your surgical and non surgical options.  If you only see someone who doesn't do surgery or who doesn't offer non invasive options like Kybella then you may not get a complete picture about what your options are.  I hope this helps and good luck.   

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

You are a great candidate for chin implant however certain fillers such as Radiesse, Voulma, and Perlane give great lift and last a significant amount of time to give structure and shape in this area without an implant.  Also vaser liposuction with thermi to neck can help contour jawline too.  I suggest seeking someone who is experienced in this type of injections.  Best, Dr. Emer

Neck and Chin Rejuvenation

I would consider Voluma injections into your chin and mid-face with Thermage to tighten the jowls and lower face. Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Neck and Chin Rejuvenation