I'm 26, have smile folds. Is Ultherapy fit for me? (Photo)

im 26 and just having a little bady,for a long time I have to take care of my baby day and night, suddenly I find my face is a little droopy, especially the area beside of my nose ,even i have smile line! If it is just disapper when I'm reduce weight,or I have to do the ultherapy ? thank you

New mom droop

Hi Chloeta,

Thank you for your question and photograph.  As a new parent myself and plastic surgeon, I can relate to the sleepless nights and changes that occur in the face.  At 26 it is unlikely that you have significant sag in your skin, but more than likely your new found folds are from weight gain with pregnancy.  The folds near your nose are referred to as nasolabial folds (NLF) and are often treated with filler directly under the fold or more commonly in the cheeks.  Ultherapy is indicated for lifting and tightening of the skin in the face, neck and chest.  The treatment can also be used as a collagen booster for the skin itself, referred to as a Glow treatment. Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to say if Ultherapy would help your problem, but certainly would be considered during a consultation.

Many plastic surgeons off a free consultation for patients looking to target problem areas on their face.  Your best bet is to find a plastic surgeon in your area who has Ultherapy and performs filler themselves.  After an in person examination, I'm sure they can help guide you towards the best correction of your NLF.

Best of luck and congrats on the new little baby!

Palo Alto Physician

I would see what your face looks like after you lose your baby weight.

Rather than Ultherapy, smile lines (also called nasolabial folds) are most often treated with dermal fillers such as Radiesse, Restylane, or Juvederm. Ultherapy is used to tighten loose, sagging skin, and at 26 it is unlikely that this is your problem. The weight gain is likely the cause, because the heavier cheek in pregnancy weighs down and makes the smile line look deeper. I would see what your face looks like after you lose your baby weight, and if your smile lines are still bothering you, go see a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation about what treatment plan can best help you.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I'm 26, have smile folds. Is Ultherapy fit for me?

Ulthera® ultrasound laser or Ultherapy® is the current gold standard for tightening AND lifting skin ALONG WITH subcutaneous fat and muscle. A robust filler such as Juvederm UPXC® or Perlane® may also fill and lift folds next to the nose and mouth successfully for 1-2 years.   

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Ultherapy versus Fillers

Hi and thank you for your question!

Given your age and what your describing, it is likely that fillers are the better option here.
And you are correct, this might improve on it's own, with weight loss.

Set up a consultation at a reputable practice and have them do a consultation with you to review your options.

Feel free to call us for any questions.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy and smile lines

Ultherapy would be amazing when complemented with Sculptra for the nasolabial folds and cheeks. We obtain consistently great results with Ultherapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

#Ultherapy is for skin laxity - #WilliamsvilleNY Ultherapy provider

Ultherapy is not necessary to help your needs. It is used for skin tightening.

You may benefit from facial fillers to get rid of the smile lines.

You can learn more about #Ultherapy by reading the ebook on the link below. 

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo Phlebologist

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

You are in need of fillers to help your folds and improve facial volume and contour.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Facial fillers

Based on your photo you may benefit more from injection of facial fillers than Ultherapy.  The area you are seeing is called the nasolabial folds and is a very common area for injection of fillers such as juvederm

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS