I have yellow decayed teeth. What should I do? (photo)

Hi. I'm a 19 year old female and I've always been self conscious about my teeth. When I finally got my braces off they were already decayed so I've basically just neglected them because I was so sad I didn't care. Now it's holing me back way too much, I never leave the house and I have no clue what to do. I've looked into veneers and Lumineers. But I read those aren't the best options for younger people. Ive attached a picture so you can see.

Options for yellow, decayed teeth #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that your teeth are holding you back. Take the first step and schedule an exam and cleaning with your dentist, then have your cavities taken care of. At that point, your dentist could determine whether you are a candidate for whitening and/or veneers. Good luck and I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Porcelain veneers

you need to get an exam and have your teeth cleaned, and fill your cavities with white filling, then bleach your teeth.  You will probably get great result.    If you dont like the shape of your teeth, then you can consider veneers.  

Yellow, decayed teeth, what should I do?

You should first get your teeth cleaned, and have the decayed teeth taken care of.  Then you could try in office or at home bleaching, or a combination of the two.  If your teeth do not get as white as you would like,  I would then recommend non invasive cosmetic bonding.  If done by an experienced and artistic cosmetic dentist, you can get an amazing result. 

Yellowed and Decayed Teeth

Before any cosmetic procedures can start, you will need to schedule an appointment with your dentist for a comprehensive oral examination. During your dental exam, you will be given x-rays and a complete checkup to determine what steps need to be taken. Depending on your budget, cosmetic dental bonding may be an option. Dental crowns and porcelain veneers are also viable options. Look for an experienced cosmetic and restorative dentist, and please let us know how your new smile is coming along.

Michael Fulbright, DDS
Redondo Beach Dentist

Decayed teeth options

Hi:

As a first step I suggest you make an appointment to go to the dentist right away to get a comprehensive exam and X-rays.  Depending on the depth of the cavities you also have the option of doing bonding (tooth color fillings) and whitening to greatly improve your smile.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

In the right hands, veneers are great at any age

If you choose your dentist carefully, veneers can be a fantastic option.  Most importantly is to stop the decay (get fillings).  At that point, deciding between veneers, crowns, fillings, and anything else, will be more clear.  The good news is that you have options.

Veneers?

Thanks for posting the picture. I'm sorry to hear that your smile is holding you back in life. Very conservative veneers are definitely a possibility for someone in your position. I suggest talking with a dentist who is very experienced in minimal prep veneers. They are easily done and long lasting. It will be life changing getting your smile back.