I am mixed race but mainly Asian ancestry. Maintaining proportion to the rest of my face matters greatly as well. How? (Photo)

Photo #: 1 - Here is an upward angle of me as I'm smiling. Notice the asymmetrical quality of the nose (and nostrils), as well as its flat/wide appearance. 2 - Here is a resting photo of a slightly upward angle. This photo shows what the nose looks like without smiling. 3 - This is a side angle of the nose without smiling. 4 - A straight-on view while smiling. Notice the lack of definition throughout the length of the nose. 5 - Similar angle as photo #4 without smiling.

Your nasal characteristics are very commonly seen in Asian rhinoplasty

On side view, you primarily need tip support to bring it in line with the central part of your bridge. This is done with septal extension grafts either from your septum or rib. The wideness of the tip upon smiling confirms the weak support to the tip area. The nostrils need to be make less circular, more oval using grafts along the nostril margins. These grafts will also help support the tip and make the tip sharper, less bulbous. The nasal bones are asymmetric and need to be brought more toward the midline. Nostril narrowing would be optional. The area between your eyes is a little low and would need to be built up (a radix graft).

Asian Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose.
One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a limitation to the amount of tip refinement you can achieve (how small/narrow) because of the thickness of your skin.
While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist experienced in Asian rhinoplasty in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian rhinoplasty #plasticsurgery

Your photos demonstrate a number of issues that can be corrected with rhinoplasty. You have a mild dorsal hump, poor support of your nasal tip and poor definition of your nasal tip. These issues could be at least partially addressed with open rhinoplasty and grafting techniques to improve the structural framework. 

Asina rhinoplasty

Based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty to straighten the nose, narrow the excess width, and correct the droop and the slight hump.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump and crooked nose

A Closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening crooked nose, making it more symmetric, and shaving down the dorsal hump. Thick skin especially in the tip of the nose will be a significant impediment to seeing refinement in that area. To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling, the depressor septi ligament must be released. All this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. Anticipate 10-14 days of visible bruising and swelling after the procedure. For many examples a dorsal hump removal and straightening the crooked nose, please see the video and the link below