I am interested in a BBL with lipo and a future tummy tuck shortly after the BBL surgery. What should I expect?

How much fat % usually takes ? What can I do to help increase my surgery to take better ? I'm 4'9 137lbs with a square body , not very curvey at all . Looking for a Waite line and increased volume in buttocks. Is it better to go bigger knowing size will shrink? Is it easier to remove fat from bbl if the bbl is too big ? I am a hairstylist , how long should I take time off of work ? Thank you

The state of Florida board of medicine limits the amount of pure fat remove to 4000cc or 4liters. This is implemented for patient safety. Any higher volume then the patient would require resuscitation at a hospital setting.Recovery should be 7-10 days.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts. choose one wisely.

BBL and tummy tuck

You can expect about 30-40% of the injected fat into the buttock to shrink within the first few months. You can either combine the BBL with a tummy tuck or do them separately, waiting about six to nine months in between procedures (to allow for new blood supply). Since you are standing at work, you should take about one week off to recover.
 Most plastic surgeons will inject an amount of fat that will "fit" into each buttock, the capacity, is what it is called. Consult with a few plastic surgeons for an exam in person to determine if you are a good candidate.

William Bruno, MD

BBL with Lip and Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. The tummy tuck and BBL can be performed at the same time if you are in good health; I much prefer to perform that combination to prevent the patient from having to undergo anesthesia for two separate surgeries.Select a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed many of these surgeries, as I have. Consult with him/her to determine if you feel comfortable with the responses to the questions you receive.

Kenneth B. Hughes, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Beverly Hills & Los Angeles Locations

I'm interested in a BBL with Lipo and a future tummy tuck surgery shortly thereafter . What should I expect?

Thank you for your question. Photos would've been helpful, but based on your height and weight, you have enough fat for a BBL. A BBL is not only addition of fat to the buttock, but involves sculpting your whole torso to change you from a square to an hourglass shape. Although a 30-35% volume loss can be expected after a BBL, I do not overfill the buttocks. If there's too much tightness, you can expect a larger percentage loss. I use the VASER technique for fat collection and sculpting to give the best possible definition. I trained with Dr. Alfredo Hoyos in Bogota, the inventor of the VASER Hi Def Lipo. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation /evaluation. Good luck.

Hi. Your photos would have been ideal to give you a better assessment. There are differnt percentages quoted in our medical literature as to the percentage "take" of the fat. Suffice it to say that the percentage continues to increase as the techinique is perfected. Bigger is not better. Your recovery should be 7-10 days.

I a certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have been in private practice in Miami for 29 years . I have performed countless liposuctions and BBLs in what is considered a hot bed for Brazilian Butt Lifts.

You need to know that liposuction or for that matter re injecting fat is not the most technically challenging procedure for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Search for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgey with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. Look at unbiased reviews. Look at many before and after photos of the surgeon who will be doing your procedure. In South Florida, many clinics provide photos that do not necessarily represent the work to be performed by that particular surgeon. Real Self does a wonderful job of educating individuals considering cosmetic surgery. Avail yourself of this great service.

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. Many facilities can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Come see me for a personal consultation. I see all patients personally and our consultations are complimentary. I wish you the best on your journey. Good luck, Dr PG