I hate my nose. I want it smaller and cuter. How much would it cost? (photo)

As an estimate?

Cost of a rhinoplasty to make the nose smaller and cuter

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly related to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, time  monitored under anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the procedure in addition to all the postoperative follow-up appointments. A full set of photographs are required to make a determination about what can be accomplished with the procedure. It is possible to make the nose smaller and cuter,  and digital computer imaging would be helpful to communicate those changes at the time of the consultation and examination. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the overall projection of the nose decreased, and the tip refined with all incisions placed on the inside the nose, also known as closed rhinoplasty approach. For more information, our current price list, and many  before and after rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

Smaller and cuter

Hi Danielle, thank you for sharing your photo. While it's only a single view, it does appear you are a good candidate for reduction rhinoplasty to reduce and refine the overall size of your nose. The cost for reduction rhinoplasty can range from $8K-$12K depending on what is needed to be accomplished.  I recommend seeking consultations with several established rhinoplasty surgeons so you can have an idea of what may be involved for your individual procedure. Please make sure you are comfortable with the surgeon you choose as their experience and expertise will ultimately determine your final outcome. Good luck to you!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

First and most important thing you should do in choosing a plastic surgeon is review their before/after photos to see if you like their results.  When looking at the photos make sure they show you at least three views from each patient (see my before/afters) and also that they show you a lot of photos (more then 30).  If you like the plastic surgeon's work then go meet the doctor to see if you like him/her.  The prices vary anywhere from 6k to 18k depending on what needs to be done.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Your rhinoplasty

Your rhinoplasty should be fairly straight forward. It would involve refinement of the tip and a bit of take down fo the dorsum. My typical range of price would be between $6-7000 for the surgical fee and another $1500 for anesthesia and operating room fees. There are no other charges.

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty in Seattle

A rhinoplasty consultation in our Seattle office will allow us to examine your nose from all angles and determine a surgical plan to achieve your cosmetic goals. Price for rhinoplasty will be discussed at the consultation.

Dear daniellebess, Rhinoplasty fees will vary from surgeon to surgeon and area to area. Generally most surgeons see patients for complimentary consultations or out of state patients can have consultations via E-mail, Skype, or Facetime. Once it is determined what changes you would like to your nose then the techniques to be used to attain that desired result will be discussed and then a fee will be quoted. From your one photograph shown above I believe slightly reducing the dorsum, tip projection and refining the tip will feminize your facial aesthetics and will balance your other nice facial features. For examples of rhinoplasty results see the link below and the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Your picture is a candid picture of your face.

Standard views, that medical photographers take, can determine of surgery is indicated.

On the view that you supplied, I see no real indication for surgery.

Save your money.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for

A rhinoplasty can give you a more attractive and feminine nose by removal of the hump, refinement of the tip, etc. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses for the best results. Choose results and not price. The average cost is $6500-10,000 and it depends on what needs to be done.

Cost for rhinoplasty

The cost for rhinoplasty can vary by region of the country you live in as well as the level of difficulty. The total price for anesthesia, facility fee, and surgeon's fee can range anywhere from $7,000-$12,000. Best to get a consultation to get a better idea of cost and complexity. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from other maneuvers to make your overall nose size smaller, but an in-person consultation would yield the best advice.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD