I hate how my nose curls over - it seems like I have a hanging columella. How much would it cost to fix? (photos)

I was wondering if my nose would look super wide if I only got my curl over tip fixed. I would also like a price estimate for the hanging columella/ more in depth rhinoplasty How much to fix my hanging columella? Also, should I look into getting a more in depth rhinoplasty to make my nose proportional and not wide?

Wide nostrils

It is not the hanging columella but flare of the nostrils that is giving this appearance. Alarplasty will certainly reduce this appearance. RegardsDr J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hanging columella repair

Thanks for your question and photos. I can see how your columella is quite prominent and hanging. This can be addressed in isolation if you like, but it would be more valuable to have a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon to go over your concerns and examine your nose to see what other options you may have. 
This would also allow for the most accurate price estimate for your surgery as well. I perform digital simulations during this consultation visit so we can come up with a proper treatment plan. You can learn more about hanging columella repair and see before and after example photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

It seems like I have a hanging columella. How much would it cost to fix?

Dear Susy Q,Thank you for submitting your photo and question.  A Full Open Rhinoplasty would not only shape and refine your nose it would create a more beautiful profile for you.  An Alar Wedge reduction (bringing the nostrils in) would help your nose not to appear so wide at the base when you smile.  A tip-plasty with a slight rotation upward would alleviate your columella from dropping down.
You can expect prices from $7500 to $8000. for a Full Rhinoplasty.  Tip Plasty ranges from $5000 to $5500.
Best of Luck!  

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

After reviewing the photographs, it appears that a full rhinoplasty is required to make the nose balanced and natural  in appearance. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish reducing the hanging columella, refine the nasal tip cartilages, shave down the dorsal hump and decrease the overall projection of the nose, with all  of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. An alar-plasty is sometimes performed when there are wide nostrils present.  Digital computer imaging can be performed in the office setting to give patients a pretty good idea of what their new nose would look like on their face. Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure. The cost of a rhinoplasty is determined by the amount of time monitored under anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the surgery, in addition to all of the post operative follow-up appointments. For our current price list, more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Full rhinoplasty for multiple issues.

Full rhinoplasty for multiple issues. you need to balance the whole nose. Hump removal, tip refinement, removal of hanging columella etc.See several very experienced rhinoplasty surgeons who can show you multiple examples of natural noses. 

Excellent rhinoplasty candidate.

You are a fantastic rhinoplasty candidate. You are correct- a well-balanced rhinoplasty is the way to go. A  rhinoplasty in my practice currently (7/2016) costs about $9,500 including anesthesia & facility fees. You can watch a real patient's journey at the link below. Thank you for watching! Please check us out on Instagram/Snapchat at @nosebynayak

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon