I have existing saline implant, 550cc for 10 years. I recently BF and am wanting a inside lift. (photos)

They've begun to droop and lose volume on top. I want a lift and new implants. I've heard about an inside lift. Please any info on this would be great. I'd prefer to not have severe scarring. But I'd really like to have sexy boobs again. Please reccomend any doctors that are great at this. I'm in Seattle but I will travel. I'd like them full and perky again!

Doctor Answers 6

I have existing saline implant, 550cc for 10 years. I recently BF and am wanting a inside lift.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

While tissue can be repositioned to move breast tissue higher, there is a fundamental issue of having excess skin, which must be addressed for the optimal result.  

Implant replacement and lift.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for the photos.  They show that you have a lot of excess skin and a low nipple position.  I do not know of any internal lift that will fix this.  If you were my patient, I would advise switching to smaller implants and having a vertical lift.  Unless you scar really badly, the scars from a vertical lift should fade with time.  It is almost always a mistake to compromise shape for fewer scars.  Scars almost always fade with time but lousy shape is forever. 

You may be tempted to have even larger implants to fill up the excess skin but I think that would be a mistake.  The heavier the implants, the more gravity will work on them over time.  I would also advise you to resist the temptation of a Benelli lift.  Given your anatomy, it is almost guaranteed to give you a compromised result.

Best option for revisionary breast surgery…

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and pictures. I would suggest that you avoid getting caught up in potentially confusing semantics.  For example, an "inside lit" may mean different things to different people.

 Instead, focus on locating board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery.   I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Evaluate before/after photographs and speak to previous patients as well. 

 Once you have done so, communicate your goals carefully. In our practice, this is best done with the help of goal photographs and computer imaging.  Again, it will be important to avoid terminology, such as "full and perky", that may mean different things to different people. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you are happier with

 You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Inside lifts for drooping breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

have very limited applications and yours is not one of them.  See a local plastic surgeon and see if your goals can be met by what your surgeon has to offer, but a vertical mastopexy would likely be needed.

Breast lift revision for augmented patient

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You appear to have some sagging breast tissue and a low nipple position, relative to the position of your implants. You could consider a breast lift with a small reduction to eliminate the saggy appearance of your breasts. Your implants could be exchanged at the time of surgery. 'Internal' breast lifts would not be able to achieve the changes that I described above.

Breast lift and scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

In order to achieve your goals I would recommend tightening the skin which requires scars.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.


Best of luck!


Dr. Schwartz

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon



These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.