I would like bridge of my nose to be flatter and the length to be shorter. Is this possible in one procedure? (photos)

I have always had a problem with the way my profile looks and would love to have the bridge of my nose flatter and for my overall nose to be shorter. I would like a slimmer more feminine nose but not to the point where it looks unnatural. Is this possible to have done in one procedure and what would the typical cost of this procedure be? Also, is it mainly my nose that keeps me from having a softer more feminine face or is something else?

NATURAL LOOKING RHINOPLASTY

Dear Dankri, Yes a rhinoplasty procedure would be performed to address all of your concerns at one time. I would suggest seeking some consultations with experts in the field of rhinoplasty. During the consultation the surgeon can show you the proposed results with digital imaging. This will give you a good idea of how these refinements will help feminize your facial aesthetics and provide a nice overall balance to your profile. Cost will vary from surgeon to surgeon however many surgeons offer complimentary consultations and will then give you a quote at that time. Many surgeons like myself will also do phone and email consultations as well as Skype for patients from out of town. Since you are on realself a good start to finding an expert rhinoplasty surgeon who performs natural looking results would be  to read the surgeons reviews. If a large portion of their reviews are regarding rhinoplasty then it is likely the surgeon denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. Review the surgeons before and after photographs of similar looking noses to ensure the surgeon is an expert at natural looking rhinoplasty results. See some examples in the link below and an example of imaging in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Straightening profile and elevating or rotating tip up

These changes can certainly achieved with rhinoplasty.  These are common goals of rhinoplasty achieved with lowering the cartilaginous and bony hump, possibly combined with osteotomies.  The length can be shortened either with tip modification techniques (which narrow the tip) and/or trimming cartilage in the region of the septal angle.

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, working on your nose can make your face more feminine in appearance

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.I lowered the bump on the bridge, and narrowed the tip, and also elevated the tip, so the nose is shorter. In fact, the tip could be elevated even a little more than what I showed, depending on your preferences. I also moved the entire nose back closer to your face.You have strong nasal features: the bump draws attention; the width of the tip makes additional curves to the three-quarter profile line; the width of the tip also makes the nose look strong; the length of the nose, with the tip sitting low, gives the face a more masculine appearance.  You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon. Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he'll change, and by how much he'll change them -- so you know whether it's enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Flatter bridge treatment

It is possible to smooth down a bridge bump while at the same time making the nose shorter. It would be best to have an in person consultation to allow for a full assessment of your nose and to determine your best treatment options. Based on your photos I also see that your tip is a bit rounded so smoothing this is another way to further feminize your features.You can read more about bridge bump smoothing at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Slimmer, More Feminine Nose

Removing your hump and refining your tip will definitely feminize your appearance. These pictures do not clearly show a need to shorten your nose with tip rotation but that can be determined with additional views or a physical examination. These changes will make your nose more proportional to your excellent surrounding facial features. Select a surgeon after seeing examples of natural results in patients with noses like yours.

Rhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose.

Rhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose.  Your hump can be removed as well as refining your tip and narrowing with the bridge etc. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who's results look natural and not over done to get the nose you desire. 

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump making the bridge of the nose more flat, and shortening the nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  In addition, these issues can be accomplished with 1 procedure by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure.  The bulbous tip can also be reduced as well, yet leaving a very natural appearing nose.  Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure with your nose on your facial features.  For more information, many before and after  rhinoplasty results, and our current price list, please see link and the video below