Should I consider gynecomastia surgery or not?

Two years ago my chest was completely flat. One year ago I started taking Creatine powder heavily while in the gym. I stopped taking it 8 months ago and I started to feel my chest became bigger and today it looks horrible even though I am very skinny. Obviously the reason was Creatine, but the ultrasonography images show I have a little bit of gland only. Should I consider a surgery? and what are the odds that it could appear again after the surgery?

Hi Eli
You are on right track.
You can actually wait for a few months and see what happens. The next best thing is to meet a plastic surgeon who can asses you and help you make a decision on surgery.
Best of luck

If it bothers you,you should consider surgery with the right surgeon.

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning

Mordcai Blau, MD

I am sorry to hear about your concerns regarding your chest wall appearance. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, persistent gynecomastia (of greater than 1 to 2 year duration) does not resolve without surgical intervention.

In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction surgery may also be helpful.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia

This story is unfortunately much too common. I see it on a daily basis in my practice. The first and most logical step is to completely stop taking any of the supplements and give it a full year. Occasionally things will resolve to the point where you do not require surgery. If surgery is necessary it can be done through a tiny almost invisible incision in your armpit. As long as you're not taking any of these drugs it's highly unlikely that it will recur. Hope this is helpful. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Glandular gynecomastia: surgery outcomes

It is best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who could give a more specific prediction of your outcome after a physical examination of the glandular tissue.  The glandular gynecomastia is more common in bodybuilders with supplement use and is less likely to return if the supplement is stopped. #Gynecomastia #Glands #Exercise