Would I get good results with Vaser lipo? Ab and possibly flank (Photo)

I'm 20 years old, 5'6 200lbs. I am wondering if my age will be a considerable factor. I will probably be setting up a consultation with a very reputable surgeon in my area. Just wanted to get some feedback before I start this process. This makes me extremely insecure, I have gained a significant amount of weight in a short time and diet and exercise don't seem to affect my stomach area as much. Thank you.

Candidate for Vaser lipo

You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of your abdomen and flanks, with excess subcutaneous fat and healthy skin. A weight loss program can and should be pursued before, concurrent with or after liposuction to achieve the best results and improved health status. 

Am I a candidate for Vaser liposuction?

The best results obtained in most of my combination of weight loss and Liposuction . Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss but an adjunct.Having said that however having liposuction serves as a jumpstart for many of my patients and gives them additional motivation to complete their journey. In your particular case, the procedure would help to shape your abdomen and flanks

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Would I get good results with Vaser lipo?

From your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for Vaser lipo.  Remember, however, that liposuction is an adjunct to, not a substitution for, a good diet and exercise program.   Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive Vaser liposuction experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

I usually do not recommend liposuction until weight has been stable within 5 lbs for at least 6 months. If you resort to liposuction too quickly without addressing the real underlying issues contributing to progressive weight gain, then you will be unsatisfied with the results. At your age, barring some new endocrine pathology or pregnancy, such weight gain is all diet related and I would suggest consulting a nutritionist first. Weight gain is usually distributed over several areas of the body and selectively reducing fat in only one area may eventually lead to disproportion. 

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Who should get liposuction

You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction.From your pictures you appear to have substantial layers of subcutaneous fat with tight skin. This makes you a prime candidate for liposuction. It does not make a significant difference which form of liposuction you have done but your choice of surgeon can have it hey potentially drastic change in your outcome. 

consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's.Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D. 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

Body contouring/liposuction has evolved over the past years and is not just about fat reduction but more so about sculpting and defining. In patients who have smaller problem areas, you want an energy based device to help melt fat and tighten skin. as well, it helps to define and shape the musculature. This type of liposuction requires a specialized body contouring specialist who is trained in 4D hi definition procedures and can do fat removal with both deep and superficial liposculpture. Please see an expert for sculpting and defining procedures, whos practice is dedicated to these types of surgeries. Best, Dr. Emer.

Would I get good results with Vaser lipo? Ab and possibly flank

Based on your height and weight, your BMI is 32. Your age is not a factor for surgery, but it would be better if your BMI would be under 30. You are a good candidate for VASER liposculpting of your whole midsection (abdomen, pubis, back, waist and hips). Based on the photos, you do have good skin and expect nice tightening all around. You and your primary care physician have to figure out why did you have the significant weight gain in a short time. Liposuction is not the answer for weight gain, and you can gain weight afterwards as well which would detract from the results in the long run. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.