Who is a Good Candidate for ThermiVa?
Doctor Answers 22
The answer is that there are few women who would NOT be good ThermiVa candidates...
I guess you would not want to consider ThermiVa if: you are menstruating at the time, you have any signs of vaginal or bladder infection, you have severe vaginal pain or pelvic floor spasm or already suffer from vaginismus. As a Urogynecologist, I do see so many women with vaginal prolapse who also complain of looseness and laxity. I am clear that ThermiVa may help reduce that loose sensation, but it is not a treatment for significant vaginal prolapse (cystocele, rectocele, uterine or vaginal vault prolapse). If you are pregnant or could be pregnant, you would not be a ThermiVa candidate. You should also wait 2-3 months minimum to have ThermiVa treatments after childbirth and any vaginal surgery. The exception to that is that you can have internal vaginal procedures like vaginoplasty, and get ThermiVa on the external labia majora at the same time.
Last, I would also say that when women come in for consultations for vaginoplasty surgery, I often find that some of these women are better candidates for ThermiVa. Why? If I see a woman who complains of looseness, but she is not 100% sure that she would not have another child, I would steer her towards ThermiVa. I also see woman for consultations who want vaginoplasty surgery and they complain of pain with intercourse. These are also women that, I believe, ThermiVa would serve them better than doing a procedure that could possibly increase pain with intercourse.
Hope this helps...
Who is a Good Candidate for ThermiVa?
Best Candidates for ThermiVA
Most patients are considered candidates for ThermiVa. However, patients who are pregnant, have an active sexually transmitted disease, currently have a urinary tract infection or have cardiac devices such as AICDs, should not be treated with ThermiVa. We also use caution and possibly suggest an alternative treatment if the patient has a greater than stage 2 pelvic organ prolapse or recent vaginal surgery or fillers.
You might also like...
Benefits of Thermiva
The advantages are :
- Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
- Gentle treatment for controlled safety and accuracy
- Maximum precision with Alma CO2 laser, the right wavelength and perfect pulse
- Fast and efficient delivery of fractionated laser energy split into micro pixels
- No post treatment downtime
- Excellent patient satisfaction and long term success The Disadvantage of the FemiLift and MonaLisa is that is is only for vaginal treatment whereas the ThermiVa RF device can be used to shrink the labia minora as well and is more comfortable. These procedures cannot narrow the vaginal canal as much as a vaginoplasty surgery
Good candidate for ThermiVa?
Most women are good candidates for ThermiVa. Those individuals who are unhappy with the appearance of their labia minora, labia majora or clitoral hood can see improvement with ThermiVa treatments. The laxity in these tissues can be due to childbirth, aging, hormonal changes or genetics.
Internal improvements can also help with vaginal laxity, decreased lubrication and decreased sensitivity.
There are a few contraindications where ThermiVa should not be done. These include: pregnancy, urinary tract infection, active STD, uterine prolapse, pacemakers, etc. Your physician can discuss these in more detail during your consultation.
The ThermiVa treatment only takes 30 minutes to complete, is relatively comfortable and there is no recovery downtime. A series of 3 treatments spaced one month apart, followed by a single maintenance treatment every 6-12 months is recommended.
Candidates are 18 years and up for ThermiVa
ThermiVa is a good option for females 18 years and older with any of the following conditions:
· Vaginal laxity- which can be a result of aging, obesity, fluctuating hormones, or previous vaginal deliveries
· Sexual dysfunction- difficulty achieving an orgasm
· Vaginal dryness- due to effects of menopause or breastfeeding
· Urinary leakage- mild to moderate stress incontinence or overactive bladder
· Loose, sagging skin of the labia majora
There are few women in their 20s-70s+ who are NOT good candidates for ThermiVA treatment. ThermiVA addresses external genital and vaginal tightness, vaginal moisture, mild to moderate urinary incontinence. This benefits women who have had vaginal deliveries and have tissue relaxation, are experiencing vaginal dryness, have discomfort with sexual intercourse and have variable issues with urinary leakage.
The best results with ThermiVA are seen with 3 consecutive treatments (each 1 month apart) and 1 maintenance treatment annually thereafter. The consecutive treatment builds upon one another and ultimately tightens internal vaginal mucosa and external genitalia for up to one year.
Great improvement in external and internal tissue tightness, vaginal moisture and even mild urinary incontinence can be seen after just one treatment, with most durable results after 3 recommended treatments.
My Best suggestion is to seek a consultation with a reputable provider and discuss your unique case so that recommendations can be made and expectations can be set.
These are just a few things that make a good ThermiVa candidate:
- Do you feel “loose” vaginally since childbirth and/or menopause?
- Do you feel dry during intercourse?
- Do you have trouble reaching orgasm?
- Do you occasionally dribble or leak when you sneeze, cough or exercise?
- Have you ever “not quite made it” to the bathroom on time?
- Have your intimate relationships suffered due to these changes?
- Are you experiencing loss of self-confidence? Loss of interest in sex? Loss of desire?
Candidtes for ThermiVA
Our patients who have had thermiVa have reported improvements in mild to moderate stress and urge incontinence, internal vaginal tightening, increased sensation and lubrication and more comfort in the external appearance of the vagina. We feel that any patients with these concerns would benefit from this treatment. We are so happy to have a treatment like this to offer our female patients and we have received much positive feedback from them.
Dr. Grant Stevens
Why Women Love ThermiVa
- Dr. P