Who is a Good Candidate for ThermiVa?

What are the factors that makes someone a good candidate for ThermiVa?

The answer is that there are few women who would NOT be good ThermiVa candidates...

Who is NOT a good ThermiVa candidate? Almost all women who feel vaginal laxity, looseness, tampons don't stay in like they used to, there seems to be more vaginal flatulence, penetration with intercourse and foreplay do not feel like they used to (often after childbirth), these woman are certainly candidates for this therapy.

I guess you would not want to consider ThermiVa if: you are menstruating at the time, you have any signs of vaginal or bladder infection, you have severe vaginal pain or pelvic floor spasm or already suffer from vaginismus. As a Urogynecologist, I do see so many women with vaginal prolapse who also complain of looseness and laxity. I am clear that ThermiVa may help reduce that loose sensation, but it is not a treatment for significant vaginal prolapse (cystocele, rectocele, uterine or vaginal vault prolapse). If you are pregnant or could be pregnant, you would not be a ThermiVa candidate. You should also wait 2-3 months minimum to have ThermiVa treatments after childbirth and any vaginal surgery. The exception to that is that you can have internal vaginal procedures like vaginoplasty, and get ThermiVa on the external labia majora at the same time.

Last, I would also say that when women come in for consultations for vaginoplasty surgery, I often find that some of these women are better candidates for ThermiVa. Why? If I see a woman who complains of looseness, but she is not 100% sure that she would not have another child, I would steer her towards ThermiVa. I also see woman for consultations who want vaginoplasty surgery and they complain of pain with intercourse. These are also women that, I believe, ThermiVa would serve them better than doing a procedure that could possibly increase pain with intercourse.

Hope this helps...

Pasadena Urogynecologist

Who is a Good Candidate for ThermiVa?

All women 21 and over are good candidates for ThermiVA. It is completely non invasive and it doesn't hurt at all, so there are not many limitations on who can get the procedure. We do not treat pregnant women, women that are menstruating and women who have had abnormal pap-smears. We would require a note from your doctor approving the treatment if any abnormalities were noted during your most recent GYN examination.

Best Candidates for ThermiVA

Most patients are considered candidates for ThermiVa. However, patients who are pregnant, have an active sexually transmitted disease, currently have a urinary tract infection or have cardiac devices such as AICDs, should not be treated with ThermiVa. We also use caution and possibly suggest an alternative treatment if the patient has a greater than stage 2 pelvic organ prolapse or recent vaginal surgery or fillers.

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician

Candidates are 18 years and up for ThermiVa

ThermiVa is a good option for females 18 years and older with any of the following conditions:

·       Vaginal laxity- which can be a result of aging, obesity, fluctuating hormones, or previous vaginal deliveries

·       Sexual dysfunction- difficulty achieving an orgasm

·       Vaginal dryness- due to effects of menopause or breastfeeding

·       Urinary leakage- mild to moderate stress incontinence or overactive bladder

·       Loose, sagging skin of the labia majora

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVA Candidates

There are few women in their 20s-70s+ who are NOT good candidates for ThermiVA treatment. ThermiVA addresses external genital and vaginal tightness, vaginal moisture, mild to moderate urinary incontinence. This benefits women who have had vaginal deliveries and have tissue relaxation, are experiencing vaginal dryness, have discomfort with sexual intercourse and have variable issues with urinary leakage.

The best results with ThermiVA are seen with 3 consecutive treatments (each 1 month apart) and 1 maintenance treatment annually thereafter.  The consecutive treatment builds upon one another and ultimately tightens internal vaginal mucosa and external genitalia for up to one year.

Great improvement in external and internal tissue tightness, vaginal moisture and even mild urinary incontinence can be seen after just one treatment, with most durable results after 3 recommended treatments. 

My Best suggestion is to seek a consultation with a reputable provider and discuss your unique case so that recommendations can be made and expectations can be set. 

ThermiVa Candidates

These are just a few things that make a good ThermiVa candidate:

• Do you feel “loose” vaginally since childbirth and/or menopause?
  • Do you feel dry during intercourse?
  • Do you have trouble reaching orgasm?
  • Do you occasionally dribble or leak when you sneeze, cough or exercise?
  • Have you ever “not quite made it” to the bathroom on time?
  • Have your intimate relationships suffered due to these changes?
  • Are you experiencing loss of self-confidence? Loss of interest in sex? Loss of desire?

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Candidtes for ThermiVA

Hi and thank you for your question!

Our patients who have had thermiVa have reported improvements in mild to moderate stress and urge incontinence, internal vaginal tightening, increased sensation and lubrication and more comfort in the external appearance of the vagina. We feel that any patients with these concerns would benefit from this treatment. We are so happy to have a treatment like this to offer our female patients and we have received much positive feedback from them.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Why Women Love ThermiVa

ThermiVa provides a way to finally treat laxity, vaginal dryness, increase sensation, and reduce incontinence, without ANY downtime or pain. There are many women who may be to shy to ask about treatment or would never consider having anything done about their symptoms, but those who do are so satisfied. It should not be considered an end resort therapy, but rather a preventative measure that can help improve your daily life. Our patients are so happy with results, and they really notice the difference.
- Dr. P

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Almost every woman is a candidate for ThermiVa

Hello and thank you for asking this very important question.
ThermiVa is a wonderful treatment option for most women because it improves and corrects multiple concerns and is safe and effective with very few contraindications. The few women we do not treat are women who have a mesh implant from a previous surgery, women who are currently pregnant, and women with severe prolapse.

Patients who are experiencing vaginal dryness, lack sensitivity and or the inability to orgasm, are experiencing vaginal looseness or atrophy, and women who are self-conscious about the appearance of their labia majora, will see and experience improvement; often significantly. Additionally, ThermiVa is very effective in improving stress urinary incontinence, often following their first treatment.

When our patients arrive for treatment, we ask that they are not currently menstruating, do not have an active outbreak of Herpes or are amidst treatment for any kind of infection. This is something that is covered during the consultation and patients very commonly just know what they may have to work around when scheduling their treatments. The treatment involves a very delicate, disposable wand, and is extremely well- tolerated. We have not had any patient report discomfort during the treatment.

I hope this has helped answer your question and I wish you the very best.
Jenn Harrington, MD

Who is a Good Candidate for ThermiVa

A #candidate for a #Labiaplasty procedure is one concerned about the appearance of her labia or experiences pain and discomfort from large, long or uneven labia; usually of the inner lips or labia minora.
With the availability of recent technology, there are few nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation options available for our patients. CO2 fractionated lasers include the #FemiLift, #MonaLisa Touch and #IntimaLase. The #ThermiVa as radiofrequency energy that can also treat the outer Labia to reduce and tighten this area. It can increase blood flow, sensitivity , and orgasm. It can increase moisture and decrease stress urinary incontinence for many women.

However, surgery is the most common treatment. I perform a variety of treatments and surgeries to enhance, restore and rejuvenate the female genital region. This includes the labia minora, labia majora, the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina. When necessary and capable, a vaginoplasty may be combined with a #Labiaplasty. Or, if the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small, the size may be increased with fat injections.

There is no one right solution for all patients, but there is a solution for every woman. The outcome of a Labiaplasty is a more youthful appearance, ability to wear all types of clothing without discomfort and/or embarrassment, and a more confident sex life. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one consultation.It is very important to find a surgeon who is #Board Certified for your #labiaplasty.