Good candidate for arm lipo? (Photo)

I am considering arm lipo and the surgeon I am considering uses the S.A.F.E. technique. Do I look to be a good candidate for lipo of the arms? I realize an in person consult is required to know for sure but your advice is appreciated. Thank you.

You appear to be a good candidate.

Please be aware that my comments here are general and can’t be taken as specific medical advice. Based on your photos, it appears you could benefit from liposuction. As you noted, a personal exam conducted by a plastic surgeon is necessary, but from the photos, it seems you have good skin tone. That's important, because the skin needs to be able to adjust to your new contours once the fat is taken out. Liposuction isn't appropriate for patients with skin that has lost its elasticity. The liposuction technique used isn't as important as the experience and skill of the surgeon performing the procedure. Make sure you've chosen a board-certified plastic surgeon who can show you before-and-after photos of actual patients.

Good candidate for arm lipo?

From your photos, you look like a great candidate for circumferential upper arm liposuction.  This procedure helps slim the arms and also results in a little skin tightening.  This procedure is done by suctioning some of the excess fat from some areas of the arms and actually just tunneling under the skin in the areas that are very prone to divots.  Arms are tricky but with very careful surgery, very nice results can be obtained.  I would recommend you seek care from a real plastic surgeon with a lot of liposuction experience.  I saw a lovely lady a few months ago who went to a family doctor who was offering a Groupon for this procedure and ended up with terrible divots from laser lipo.  She is going to need at least two sessions of fat transfer to correct her deformity.  Be careful out there. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Circumferential Arm Liposuction makes a big improvement.

Liposuction of the arms makes a big improvement when done under tum. local and when the doc does it circumferentially for best results.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Good candidate for arm lipo?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the arms. I would recommend undergoing Laser Lipo or SmartLipo as this will add some skin tightening benefits in addition to removing fat. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Arm liposuction

Thank you for your question.  It is hard to tell just from your photos as I can not say what the elasticity of your skin is from a photograph.  The elasticity of your skin is key to liposuction.  I would suggest an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an exam would be the best way for you to find out if you are a good candidate for liposuction.  This way you can get all of your questions answered and see what your options are as well.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You are in need a VASER hi def contouring technique, this will tighten the skin more and sculpt the arm. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction candidate

If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then liposuction should definitely address the problem. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Arm liposuction with S.A.F.E technique?

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.
  • You appear to have some loose skin -
  • You can have liposuction but expect skin afterwards to be somewhat looser.
  • S.A.F.E. is a trademarked acrynym that describes how standard liposuiction (Fluid injection followed by proportiona fat removal).-- it is not a special technique and does not provide any additional safety
  • Standard liposuction - whether it is called SAFE or some other name - what you need if you have liposuction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm Lipo Candidate

Hello, thanks for your pictures, you are a good candidate for an arm lipo, but it may leave you some loose skin afterwards. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon