FTM Metoidioplasty: How big Can My Clitoris Be When Erect?

On average, what is the largest size that I can expect my clitoris to be when erect after surgery?

Metoidioplasty: Erections

Thank you for your question.  The size of the clitoris after metoidioplasty ranges in based on the individual anatomy.  If size matters then another option is a neophalloplasty (the creation of a penis). There are different techniques.  One technique involves creating the penis from forearm skin, which can be disfiguring.  The other technique uses abdominal skin, which typical leaves one with a more appealing abdominal scar, is less invasive, and the cost is typically much less.  

The abdominal skin technique is the one offered at our practice.  I was personally trained on this technique of neophallus creation by the creator of this technique.  The new penis would not have a urethra and would not be able to obtain an erection without the insertion of an artificial device, if one chooses.  One can maintain the vagina and typically does not affect the clitoris.  Prior to surgery, all patients require evaluation by an appropriate psychologist and receive the appropriate counseling.  

Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist - Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist