FemiLift: Can it Treat Urinary Stress Incontinence?

Will FemiLift reduce the symptoms of urinary stress incontinence? 

Incontinence

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The FemiLift has been extremely helpful for women that experience urinary incontinence. We have had many women express their gratitude for this treatment due to it's benefits. Many of them are thankful just to sleep through the night. 

Urinary Stress Incontinence

Yes. FemiLift does help with mild incontinence issues by helping to firm the supporting tissues under the bladder. Treatments are relatively quick, taking only about 10 minutes each time.  Treatments are monthly. Most patients require three treatments, but some may require more.

Femilift and Bladder Leaking

The short answer is a big maybe and I'll go a bit further and say probably, but let me explain in more detail. 

Stress incontinence, bladder leaking with exertion, is a very common and bothersome problem for women. It's most commonly seen in women who've  had one or more vaginal deliveries. The most common solution is a surgery referred to as a bladder sling, which many women have heard scary things about and are looking for nonsurgical alternatives. 

Over the past few years the Femilift procedure has emerged as one of those nonsurgical options, however it's  important to understand that it was not originally developed to treat stress urinary incontinence. Like many other medical treatments, Femilift is being used to treat conditions it was not originally intended to improve. This is OK and a good thing. It was introduced to treat vaginal dryness and symptoms like painful sex associated with that dryness.  It's a great treatment for that, and over the years women who've had Femilift to resolve vaginal dryness have been very pleasantly surprised that their bladder leaking has also improved or even gone away completely. 

As a gynecologist who understands the vaginal/bladder anatomy and how damage to these areas can lead to bladder leaking, it makes sense that the Femilift procedure could improve it. The laser energy delivered to the vaginal skin under the bladder stimulates collagen formation and strengthens the support which helps keep the urine from leaking.

In my practice I recommend the Femilift procedure as a nonsurgical alternative to treat mild to moderate  bladder leaking and have had success even in cases of severe leaking. So much so that I've stopped performing the dreaded bladder sling surgery altogether! Adding the O Shot (look it up) to the Femilift gives even better results. They're synergistic. 

As with any medical treatment, it's necessary to skillfully assess the condition being treated and discuss options, risks, benefits and alternatives. For my patients suffering from bothersome bladder leaking, most will see satisfying improvement with the Femilift procedure and are thrilled they were able to avoid surgery, down time, pain and potential complications. However, it's important to understand that some patients will not be good candidates due to the bladder or vagina "falling down" or prolapsing. 

The Femilift procedure is a great option for women suffering with bladder leaking who want to avoid surgery. It's an extremely safe and easy procedure with no long term complications I'm aware of. My patients have been extremely happy with their results for bladder leaking, vaginal dryness, painful sex, and vaginal looseness. 

For the best outcome, make sure you're properly evaluated by an expert in treating bladder leaking, such as a gynecologist or urologist who has experience with Femilift and perhaps the O Shot too. 

I hope you and others find this information helpful. 

Russell Bartels, MD

Scottsdale , AZ

Femilift and Stress Urinary Incontinence

Femilift can definitely help with symptoms of Stress urinary incontinence.  The studies show about a 60% reduction in stress urinary incontinence symptoms.   Our results have shown reduction or complete elimination of symptoms in every patient we have treated with stress urinary incontinence symptoms.  Femilift works by stimulating collagen and elastin, thus increasing the thickness of the mucosa.  This helps to better support the urethra and bladder, improving the symptoms of stress urinary incontinence.  It really is a great option for women with mild incontinence symptoms who do not want to surgery.  

Stress Urinary Incontinence

Yes, the FemiLift treatments can have a profound affect on symptoms such as frequency and urgency of urination.  Our patients have been so impressed by the difference even their first treatment made. 

Femilift, Stress incontinence

Laser vaginal rejuvenation will help treat stress urinary incontinence.  With a series of 3 sessions, performed in office, with essentially no downtown, patients will notice improvement in incontinence in many cases after the first treatment.

FemiLift and Urinary Stress Incontinence

Although there is risk with any procedure there is very little risk of excessive scar tissue or desensitization with the FemiLift, Mona Lisa or ThermiVa devices. FemiLift™ and Mona Lisa™ procedures use CO2 laser technology and the ThermiVa™ uses RF (radiofrequency) to shrink vaginal tissue and  increase lubrication if dryness is a problem. The tightening is often sufficient to improve or correct urinary stress incontinence and/or mild cystoceles. The procedure is  done in office using a minimally invasive CO2 laser technology that requires little or no post procedure down time.
The advantages are :
  • Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
  • Gentle treatment for controlled safety and accuracy
  • Maximum precision with Alma CO2 laser, the right wavelength and perfect pulse
  • Fast and efficient delivery of fractionated laser energy split into micro pixels
  • No post treatment downtime
  • Excellent patient satisfaction and long term success The Disadvantage is that is is only for vaginal treatment whereas the ThermiVa RF device can be used to shrink the labia minora as well. It cannot narrow the vaginal canal as much as a vaginoplasty surgery
#vaginalrejuvenation
#vaginaltightening
#vaginoplasty

Yes - FemiLift works for Stress Urinary Incontinence

FemiLift CO2 Laser for vaginal ablation works very well in treating symptoms of stress urinary incontinence. Many women who opt for nonsurgical vaginal tightening also have stress incontinence. Their symptoms of incontinence go away following the first treatment. FemiLift is perform as a series of 3 treatments each 4 weeks apart. The results last 12-18 months. It is recommended to have a follow-up treatment annually.

Yes It Can!

The amazing thing about the FemiLift is that is serves several purposes. The laser stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which in turn thickens the wall of the vagina.  This thickening of the vaginal wall  puts pressure on adjacent structures, such as the urethra.  Pressure on the urethra, allows a woman to control unintentional leakage of urine from the bladder when any pressure is put upon that region from simple activities, such as coughing, laughing, sneezing and many more.  

Another benefit claimed by patients who have had the FemiLift treatment, is increased lubrication and decreased irritation in women who were peri or post menopausal. 

The final benefit that I will discuss in this article is that of increased sexual pleasure for both partners.  The thicker wall of the vaginal canal (tightening) and increased lubrication, allow for greater sensation and greater satisfaction during intercourse.

Joyce Chams, MD
Chicago OB-GYN

Femi Lift in urinary stress incontinence

Yes, the literature indicates a 55-60% reduction in urinary stress incontinence. Our experience has been that the improvement amongst our patients seems to be much higher. This is a great benefit of an amazingly effective and near painless procedure!