FemiLift: Can it Treat Urinary Stress Incontinence?

Will FemiLift reduce the symptoms of urinary stress incontinence? 

Urinary Stress Incontinence

Yes. FemiLift does help with mild incontinence issues by helping to firm the supporting tissues under the bladder. Treatments are relatively quick, taking only about 10 minutes each time.  Treatments are monthly. Most patients require three treatments, but some may require more.

Femilift, Stress incontinence

Laser vaginal rejuvenation will help treat stress urinary incontinence.  With a series of 3 sessions, performed in office, with essentially no downtown, patients will notice improvement in incontinence in many cases after the first treatment.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

FemiLift and Urinary Stress Incontinence

Although there is risk with any procedure there is very little risk of excessive scar tissue or desensitization with the FemiLift, Mona Lisa or ThermiVa devices. FemiLift™ and Mona Lisa™ procedures use CO2 laser technology and the ThermiVa™ uses RF (radiofrequency) to shrink vaginal tissue and  increase lubrication if dryness is a problem. The tightening is often sufficient to improve or correct urinary stress incontinence and/or mild cystoceles. The procedure is  done in office using a minimally invasive CO2 laser technology that requires little or no post procedure down time.
The advantages are :
  • Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
  • Gentle treatment for controlled safety and accuracy
  • Maximum precision with Alma CO2 laser, the right wavelength and perfect pulse
  • Fast and efficient delivery of fractionated laser energy split into micro pixels
  • No post treatment downtime
  • Excellent patient satisfaction and long term success The Disadvantage is that is is only for vaginal treatment whereas the ThermiVa RF device can be used to shrink the labia minora as well. It cannot narrow the vaginal canal as much as a vaginoplasty surgery

Yes - FemiLift works for Stress Urinary Incontinence

FemiLift CO2 Laser for vaginal ablation works very well in treating symptoms of stress urinary incontinence. Many women who opt for nonsurgical vaginal tightening also have stress incontinence. Their symptoms of incontinence go away following the first treatment. FemiLift is perform as a series of 3 treatments each 4 weeks apart. The results last 12-18 months. It is recommended to have a follow-up treatment annually.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Yes It Can!

The amazing thing about the FemiLift is that is serves several purposes. The laser stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which in turn thickens the wall of the vagina.  This thickening of the vaginal wall  puts pressure on adjacent structures, such as the urethra.  Pressure on the urethra, allows a woman to control unintentional leakage of urine from the bladder when any pressure is put upon that region from simple activities, such as coughing, laughing, sneezing and many more.  

Another benefit claimed by patients who have had the FemiLift treatment, is increased lubrication and decreased irritation in women who were peri or post menopausal. 

The final benefit that I will discuss in this article is that of increased sexual pleasure for both partners.  The thicker wall of the vaginal canal (tightening) and increased lubrication, allow for greater sensation and greater satisfaction during intercourse.

Joyce Chams, MD
Chicago OB/GYN

Femi Lift in urinary stress incontinence

Yes, the literature indicates a 55-60% reduction in urinary stress incontinence. Our experience has been that the improvement amongst our patients seems to be much higher. This is a great benefit of an amazingly effective and near painless procedure!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Yes, Femilift can reduce Urinary Stress Incontinence in a majority of patients.

Femilift can greatly reduce Urinary Stress Incontinence symptoms for the right candidate.  
Since July 2014 I have treated over 20 patients, the majority of whom complained of USI. Some of the patients needed to wear a pad and were considering surgery.  More than 90% of treated patients have experienced marked improvement to elimination of their symptoms.

Recently I have started incorporating the O-Shot along with Femilift and my patients are reporting even greater results!

FemiLift and Stress Incontinence

Absolutely!  Every single patient that I have treated with Femilift has reported a reduction or complete elimination of stress incontinence.  While it is not a replacement for surgery in women who suffer from severe incontinence issues, it is a fabulous alternative for women who have unintentional leakage of urine when they laugh, cough, jump, sneeze or engage in any other activity that causes pressure on the ureters, resulting in urine loss.

David Preskill, MD
Libertyville OB/GYN

Femilift and Urinary incontinence

This is one of my favorite questions.  I have been performing urinary incontinence procedure using mesh and slings for over 12 years.  Although, I still believe that depending on the severity of symptoms there is a great place for slings and mesh.   I have to admit I have been blown away by the results attained using the Femilift in our office.
All of our patients have seen improvement and most have enough resolution of symptoms that they no longer desire to move forward with incontinence surgery.

I am huge fan of Femilift for Incontinence.

FemiLift for stress incontinence...

Yes, The FemiLift procedure does improve urinary stress incontinence amongst other great benefits.

Jabal Uffelman, MD
Fort Lauderdale OB/GYN