Is Fem Touch (Lumenis) the same as FemiLift?

Are these two treatments the same for vaginal rejuvenation?

New generation "noninvasive" vaginal lasers: do they live up to the "hype?"

Fem Touch is a "me too" addition to the "non-invasive" vaginal laser armamentarium pioneered by Mona Lisa Touch & FemiLift. I use Femilift in very selected situations for bladder support , tightening of the far upper vagina, and occasionally for (very modest) tightening of the whole vagina in women who have not yet had childbirth.

Most women who have vaginal laxity after childbirth and wish to te significantly tighter to enjoy more "friction will be disappointed by "non-invasive" laser or FT (e.g. ThermiVa) alone. A "stretched" vagina deserves a well-performed 3-layer closure vaginal floor repair, + ongoing  P.T., period! **Don't let a non-intra-vaginal pelvic floor surgeon talk you into a ThermiVa or FemiLift for post-childbirth vaginal tightening, if all they can offer is that particular tool Remember, if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

Michael P Goodman MD

Same same BUT different

There has been a surge of new companies offering nonsurgical vaginal tightening procedures. Fem Touch  is one of the newer companies offering a similar treatment option for women desiring improved vaginal & bladder support 

We have the Femilift  machine in the office and have gotten outstanding results with it, however I cannot speak on behalf of Fem touch

Fem Touch is a FemiLift and Mona Lisa clone

Inevitably, laser companies see a new market that is growing rapidly and develop their version of a successful technology. Fem Touch is the latest device to arrive at the vaginal laser resurfacing party and should work in a manner similar or identical to the established brands. As a patient, I would want to know whether the device I selected is covered with a sterile single-use probe (like FemiLift) or whether it is inserted bare and simply cleaned off between treatments.

Vaginal Rejuvenation

Fem Touch and Femi Lift are very similar. Fem Touch is the latest and greatest addition to the non-invasive laser vaginal rejuvenation. 

Similar procedure, different companies

Femtouch is manufactured by Lumenis, the gold standard in fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.FemLift and Mona Lisa are manufactured by other well-known companies. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing improves overall vaginal health including thickening of the wall and increase blood supply to tighten the vagina, increase lubrication, and decrease stress urinary incontinence. Patient satisfaction rate is very high. The procedure is painless and takes about 10 minutes in the office.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

FeniLift was the first fractional CO2 multi-use device on the market. The Lumens device is a clone of the FemiLif\t but without the track record. We have had FemiLift for over 1 year and the results have been spectacular. Fractional laser devices, such as Femi Lift by Alma lasers, actually have been shown through rigorous scientific study, to promote Neocollagenesis by heating the vaginal lining tissues to 60-70 degrees Celsius. Furthermore, Femi Lift also causes fractional ablation of the vaginal lining, resulting in regrowth of a thicker and more youthful vaginal lining. In my practice we have treated dozens of patients with Femi Lift and I have nor seen a single treatment failure. Furthermore, most, if not all of my stress urinary incontinence patients (mild to moderate severity) have completely resolved their SUI. ThermiVA is a radio frequency based device. This technology is not able to raise tissue temperatures sufficiently to promote new collagen growth (Neocollagenesis), which is necessary for any lasting results. It has been shown that Neocollagenesis occurs ONLY when the tissues are heated to 60-70C. ThermiVa absolutely does not heat tissues to 60-70C, but only achieves perhaps 45-50 degrees Celsius. By heating the vaginal lining tissues, ThermiVa causes swelling, or edema. There is no scientific basis that supports the notion of ThermiVa producing long lasting results

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. The Fem Touch is just a recent form of laser vaginal rejuvenation introduced by a different laser company. As the success of laser vaginal rejuvenation is on the rise, you will see varying companies releasing their own versions for it. We currently offer the FemiLift™ and have had great success with our patients. The FemiLift™ procedure is non-invasive. It involves having a small probe gently placed inside the vaginal cavity. Then, using the incredible technology of the FemiLift™ laser the probe will direct thermal heating into the tissues of the vaginal wall. The thermal effects of the laser will encourage collagen production and help to remodel your tissues. Collagen is one of the building blocks of healthy skin and tissues and will help to strengthen and tighten your vaginal wall. If you are interested, I recommend consulting with a qualified provider to review all the benefits of this procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD