How to make face softer/ more feminine? All advice and suggestions welcome! Looking to get surgery this summer. (photos)

I definitely want to get my nose slimmed and have the bump removed. I think it's a little asymmetrical too? My face looks really asymmetrical to me, especially my cheeks. I usually look really gaunt on one side and the other is more full. Is my chin proportional? Please give your honest opinions with what you think will help even out my face and make it more symmetrical and feminine :) I've been struggling with self confidence big time and want to get this done by next summer.

Feminine Face

Thank you for sharing your photos.  You are a lovely looking young woman, and you do not need a dramatic change.  Your nose can be softened by reducing the dorsal hump and refining the tip.  You may also benefit from filler or fat grafting to the cheeks and lips.  

I would recommend subtle changes and finding someone who can give you natural, balanced results

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial analysis in younger patients

I think you have a pretty face with many great features. I agree that you've got a dorsal 'hump' along your nose, and open rhinoplasty with dorsal hump reduction and tip refinement would further harmonize your youthful appearance.

How to make face softer/ more feminine? All advice and suggestions welcome! Looking to get surgery this summer

Spiderweb. This technique is inspired from the spider web, the strongest and the most elegant structure of the nature. This newly developed technique is now being used as an alternative method of facelift surgeries in more simple and safe way with effective results. Besides; unlike lifting surgeries, patients can put on make-up and return daily activities just after the procedure. This safe technique can also be performed on any parts of the skin where needed; the neck, arms, breast, buttocks and inner thighs. It is performed by placement of polydioxanone sutures to subcutaneous tissue via thin needles and knitting them together under the skin. Tissue reaction occurred against these sutures which were knitted just like the spider web results in collagen production with the help of fibroblasts and growth factors. Collagens surround the sutures and create a natural web structure. The main reasons of the skin sagging is that the loss of elasticity due to deformation of collagen and elastin fibers. In the Spider Web Aesthetics, it is aimed to restore these collagen and elastin fibers with the help of skin tissue itself. Since these fibers are replaced by the body itself with the help of polydioxanone sutures; the results are very natural that no one can understand the patient had an aesthetic procedure.

How to make face softer/ more feminine? All advice and suggestions welcome! Looking to get surgery this summer.

Hello Dankri - Thanks for your question. It is normal to have some level of asymmetry in your face. In your situation, it would make sense to slim your nose a bit at the tip, while reducing the hump. I think use of injectable filler or autologous fat injections in your face would help soften areas like your cheeks, your lips, and your jawline to improve your look. My advice would be to take it easy and make the changes slowly so you can see how each treatment helps you. You want to make sure your outcome is natural and harmonizes with the rest of your facial structures. Find a facial aesthetic surgery specialist in your area for an in-person evaluation. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Facial feminization in the young female?

your face can be feminized by conservative natural rhinoplasty with hump removal refinement of the tip etc. It appears that your chin looks slightly long and that can be conservatively refuced as well as probable pre-Jowl implants. Whether the chin would require increased projection would be determined on exam.  Choose a surgeon who produces feminization with natural results and not be over done abnormal look. 

Making My Face Softer and More Feminine

A rhinoplasty to remove your slight hump, narrow and define your tip, and reduce nasal asymmetry combined with a small silicone chin implant to improve definition and reduce the asymmetry will be beneficial. With these pictures I don't see other significant asymmetries. These procedures will feminize your face but I don't feel your appearance should cause a lack of self confidence. You are a pretty lady who can achieve facial refinement.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, refining the nasal tip and making the nose more symmetrical with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  It is difficult to see any differences in your cheeks, however filler placed on the more gaunt side can accomplish making them more even.  The chin has excellent forward projection, however it is rather narrow from the  frontal projection.  A very specially designed  pre-jowl implant composed of Silastic can accomplish making the chin wider and filling in the pre-jowl sulcus that is present.  For more information, diagrams of the implants and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Facial Asymmetry and Feminization

All human faces are asymmetric. While improving facial symmetry often requires advanced craniofacial techniques, improving nasal symmetry and feminizing a nose is somewhat more straightforward. Nasal symmetry can be improved by correcting a deviated septum, performing symmetrizing nasal bone osteotomies, placing spreader grafts to better define the dorsal aesthetic lines and reconstructing the nasal tip. Nasal feminization can be accomplished by reducing the nasal dorsum, narrowing the nasal bones, increasing the nasolabial angle slightly and refining the nasal tip. 

Robert Morin, MD, FACS