Can Excess Bulk of The Mons Pubis be Removed?

Is it possible to have the excess bulk of the mons removed as part of vaginal rejuvenation surgery?

Doctor Answers 7

Monsplasty, what is it and when can it be done?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi, Thanks for your question. Some photos would help in your assessment. It can be done at the same time but the mons area can be fatty or loose or both. If just full of fat, then liposuction can be done to remove the excess. If it is loose then you will need a scar like a C-section scar to remove the extra skin. If both full of fat and skin then liposuction with a C-section scar to remove the excess. Seek A good plastic surgeon to help with this. Good Luck!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #monsplasty #liposuction Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Remove Excess Mons Pubis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Excess fullness of the Pubic mound, or Mons Pubis,  can be caused by weight gain, pregnancy  or genetics. Excess weight or weight loss can lead to drooping or ptosis. These can be treated by one or a combination of liposuction, excision and lifting.  This will provide a flatter more youthful appearance with less excess bulge and drooping in this area.  The region will look much better both in and out of clothing. These pubic treatments are frequently performed with abdominoplasty. The best thing to do from here would be to schedule a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon and look into the best procedure to meet your desired results. Best of luck to you!

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Removal of Fatty Mons Pubis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A fatty mons pubis can be reduced with Liposculpture of the Mons Pubis. The fat accumulation usually extends into the labia majora and this fat is removed also. We make a small incision in the belly button and the micro cannula is placed through this incision to aesthetically remove the fat. It will provide an aesthetically pleasing result that will give you a natural appearance one desires especially when nude, in a bathing suit, underwear, shear clothing or tight clothing.

Excess mons pubis bulk

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Excess fat in the mons pubis can usually be removed with liposuction. If you have drooping mons skin and fat, then you will need a mons pubis lift. I have published extensively on this procedure which requires suturing of the skin and tissue to the underlying muscle. It can be done at the same time as vaginal rejuvenation, but the surgeon must have these skills.Gary J. Alter, M.D.Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NUY

Gary J. Alter, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Can excess bulk of the mons pubis be removed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  It is possible to minimize the appearance of the Mons by providing either a lift or volume reduction.  This can be included as part of a vaginal rejuvenation procedure.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

You can easily combine mons pubis lipo or monsplasty with vaginal rejuvenation surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This a common and quite effective makeover for the entire vaginal region. You can go further if you wish and combine it with abdominoplasty. Just make sure your surgeon is skilled in all of the planned procedures or is working as part of a team. 

Mons bulk

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Excess bulk, or fat of the mons pubis can very easily be removed by a cosmetic surgeon during the time of a vaginal rejuvenation. A regular OB-GYN physician probably can't do this, but a Cosmetic Surgeon with such training can. Good Luck

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.