Which course would be more effective? Liposuction or tummy tuck? (Photo)

Will getting lipo from Sono bello help with my stretch marks and horrific stomach or woul getting a tummy tuck be better.

Tummu tuck is the only option

don't waste your money with lipo. get the tummy tuck for best results. there is no comparision in your case.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

You need both a tummy tuck and liposuction. I would lose as much weight as possible to get an even improved contour long term.  Please see an expert in this type of combination.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Thank you for adding your photos, that is helpful. Assuming that your goals are a flat stomach and getting rid of the excess skin so that you look good in clothing, I would recommend two things. The women with a stomach like yours and who get the best results, commit to an aggressive weight loss and diet program and then have a tummy tuck. Surgery alone will give you a reasonable result but with fitness and getting your BMI down you would have a great result. Make sure you see someone who uses a rapid recovery protocol so that you have minimal down time and reduce your risks for complications.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

Thank you for your question and photo. With any liposuction technique, we rely on the skin to retract enough to give a nice aesthetic result. Skin that has been over-stretched, either by weight gain or previous pregnancy, is notoriously unreliable in this regard. If liposuction alone is used in this situation, you will be left with more skin laxity, which would require a tummy tuck later to correct. I hope that this helps in making your decision.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Which course would be more effective? Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos. It is difficult to comment on this one view, which seems a little tilted, but you are not ideal candidate for either procedure. My approach to this situation would be a debulking liposuction first. Yes, you will have loose, wrinkled skin temporarily, but this will be removed with a tummy tuck 4-6 months later. Your tummy tuck scar will be shorter with this two stage procedure. Truly, not one surgery will give you satisfactory results alone. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation to discuss your best options that will give you the best outcome. Good luck.

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

It would appear from your photo that you would benefit from liposuction to thin your thickness of tummy fat, but this alone will only make your skin laxity and wrinkling worse, so you would need a full tummy tuck to tighten your skin.

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck or liposuction.

• Liposuction will be disappointing - your stretch marks will not improve and you will have lots and lots of loose skin.
  • You need a tummy tuck - liposuction of the sides can be done at the same time to give you an even better result.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

According to the patients I have spoken with, it is not unusual for Sono Bello to do liposuction when other options might be better as they have no other options. I'm pretty sure you have not seen a surgeon at that place. Liposuction is a complete and total waste of your money as it may leave you a little smaller but with terrible hanging skin as a result. Any beginning plastic surgeon would know that. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck

You are not a candidate for liposuction. Rather a full tummy tuck with muscle plication is necessary. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which demonstrate skin laxity and excess, it appears that a tummy tuck would be a superior option compared to liposuction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS