What doctor should I see for an asymmetrical smile? Is Botox a relatively expensive treatment? (Photos)

So I like my teeth, but my smile is asymmetrical. When I talk or smile the left side is pulled up higher than the right. I've heard Botox is temporary, but might be able to fix this. If that's not the best, what are some other options? What doctor would be best to see about this? Is Botox a relatively expensive treatment?

Assymetrical smile

Thank you for your question and photos.  Botox, done correctly, is absolutely a common solution for an assymetrical smile.  Seek care from an experienced, qualified injector.  Best of luck. 

Smile right

I'd try to fill it with HA restylane or juvederm.  I'd fill to pull the left upper lip down, and create a sharper corner at the right edge.  it's more lasting, 6-9 months and if you go wrong, there's antidote.  If you go wrong with botox, good luck for 3 months!

Botox for asymmetric smile

A combination of Botox and fillers can be used to treatment an asymmetric smile. In your cases, I do believe less is more and maybe not treating at all would be the way to go. If you do decide to treat, see an experienced injector, as Botox injection into the mid face and perioral region is required advanced injection techniques.

Botox for Asymmetrical Smile

Botox can be used but to be honest I find in most cases it doesn;t work as well as people expect.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for symmetry

Thank you for your question. Botox would be a good option for you. I would suggest seeing a board certified PS, they will be able to help you  gain a more symmetric smile. In a case like this where you need just a small amount you should be able to pay per unit, but the unit price will depend on the practice. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Smile Correction

Although you may be self conscious about it (esp posing for a selfie for this use), you have a great smile! First order of business is not to overdo anything and make it look unnatural.You really have 2 issues - first, an asymmetry of movement. Small amounts of Botox or another medication in it's class can improve this - it will be better, never perfect. We all are a tiny bit asymmetric.Your second issue is an unevenness of volume - this is most apparent in your lower lip. Very conservative amounts of filler would be needed to take this to a smooth contour - again, thinking natural, not Kardashian.As to cost, this isn't going to take a lot of product, but doing Botox + Filler will likely run you around $750. This is an area fraught with danger for a less experienced or less than aesthetically inclined injector, so make sure your injector has lots of experience, especially with male patients, so you do end up looking your very best.

Rebecca Gelber, MD
Incline Village Physician