What is the difference between high profile and moderate plus saline implants?

I am going for the round (little bit of side boob) yet some what natural look. I do not want my breasts to look completely fake but I really want the full and round look. I was originally thinking I would get 425 cc moderate profile-but I am unsure if that will give me the somewhat round look. Thank you!

Breast implant sizing is important for a good cosmetic result

Your cosmetic goals seem realistic - careful implant selection with close attention to the width and height of your breast and the diameter of the implant is essential to create the look that you are interested in. Our clinic is in Seattle, and we're happy to see you here.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

The differences between a moderate plus and high profile implant of the same volume (number of cc.s) are the narrower width and greater projection of the high profile implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

High or Low Profile Breast Implants?

Your question is a common one as well as one that confuses and confounds many patients as well as physicians. In general, round implants, saline or silicone, are used to simply add volume. Not that many surgeons are using saline anymore because of the high rate of rippling as well as their tendency to deflate. Interestingly, the implant companies that make saline implants will no longer give you money towards the second surgery like they use to with saline implants although they will replace your implants if you have a rupture. This is because so few saline implants are used now as compared to gummy bear silicone implants.
The shaped implants are used to add shape.
When we are sizing, the first consideration is the diameter of your chest. It should match or come close to the diameter of the implant. If you need or want more volume than you can get with the standard profile then we choose a high profile since we can get more volume in these implants without having to increase the diameter. If you need or want less then we go to a lower profile. Think of a balloon as compared to a pancake each with the same diameter.
With the gummy bear implants we can control all of this much better and get you a better shape.
I hope that helps.
Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the best implant profile for breast augmentation

different companies label the implant profiles slightly different. In general a standard profile or moderate profile we'll give you a round her breast with less projection a plus profile or high profile Will be less wide project more.

Moderate plus vs high profile breast implants

The high profile implants are fuller, larger and rounder for the same base width than are moderate plus implants. Which ever look you choose, the right implant for you would have the same diameter regardless of Mod plus or HP. 

The difference between these implants have to do with the dimensions ( diameter and height)  of the implants. For example, the high-profile implant has a greater projection and a smaller diameter  compared to the moderate profile implant. The moderate plus profile implant as projection and diameter characteristics that fall between the moderate  profile and high profile implants.
I prefer to have a wide selection of implants ( all profiles) available in the operating room. I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison. I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.  
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.