Deflated breasts from nursing - not particularly saggy - will fat transfer fill lost volume adequately? (Photo)

My breasts are deflated looking after nursing. They dont really sag and I dont really want them much bigger - just want to fill the lost volume. Am I a good candidate for fat transfer? My desired outcome is an improved appearance without surgery, not a dramatic enhancement.

Breast Revision with Lift to Restore Volume

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result. There are a variety of techniques for a #BreastLift. I prefer to use the short scar technique, “#lollipop scar” or “#donut lift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive #scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. 
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast #augmentation and the incision type, #implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your breast augmentation. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Adding volume using fat transfer

Short answer is yes! You are an excellent candidate assuming you are in good health and you have sufficient donor fat. You also hit it on the head by "not looking for dramatic enhancement." This is a subtle and natural procedure using your own fat.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Fat Grafting to breasts

fat grafting to breasts is a great procedure for the right person.
utilizing your own fat allows you to increase cup size and sculpt the rest of your body in areas you would choose to lose.
the main difference is that fat survival varies and it may require more than one procedure to achieve your goals.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Deflated breasts - will fat transfer fill lost volume adequately?

The problems with fat transfer are that the amount of fat that "takes" and therefore gives you a permanent volume increase is unpredictable, and so more than one fat grafting procedure may be needed. Also, in general, the results of fat grating in the breast are fairly subtle and you do not get the "re-inflation" filling out your volume that many patients, even those that want a very natural result, desire. Also, although I am not seeing a photo of your entire body, it appears that you are slender, and so obtaining enough fat to make a difference is difficult and may cause donor site irregularities in trying to obtain fat where there is not much to take. You do, however, appear to be an excellent candidate for implant augmentation.

Deflated breasts from nursing - not particularly saggy - will fat transfer fill lost volume adequately?

From this limited view photo, it seems to me that you do not have enough fat to borrow and transfer to the breasts. Fat transfer cannot guarantee a cup size as implants can.Your breasts are saggy, even though the nipples are not pointing down. With a small implant augmentation in a submuscular pocket you will need a vertical lift and removal of the saggy lower pole breast tissue. If you elect a larger implant, you might not need a lift. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation to see which is your best option. Good luck.

Fat transfer vs. breast implant for augmentation

I prefer breast implants for a more reliable and cost-effective breast augmentation method. I don't think that fat transfer is as reliable as breast implants for augmentation.

Fat transfers are limited and they ARE surgery

Fat transfers are surgery just like breast implants. A conservative moderate profile implant will be much better for you in my opinion.