Can cutting scars be removed?

So when I was younger, I was extremely depressed and thought cutting was the best way to get me out of that feeling. I later learned it wasn't and although my scars are hidden from plain sight on my thighs and hips, I still want to remove them. Is that possible? They aren't very deep but they are very dark and ugly compared to my skin. I am embarrassed to keep them on and want to get them off as fast as possible. I cannot send pictures right now I am very sorry. Thank you for your time.

Scar on Body-- Fraxel, Medical Tattooing, Vascular Laser/Pulsed Dye/Yellow Laser

You can try lasers but I often find that medical tattooing is the best option. Please see an expert for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer