What is the correct time to schedule a second Coolsculpting appointment?

I recently underwent coolsculpting for my chest area (male), and I was surprised at how effective it was. I am currently at two weeks and already see significant changes and since the total reduction of fat will only be around 20-25%, should I expect more changes? I want to schedule my next coolsculpting appointment but should I wait longer to decide? After some research on this site, it looks like 4-6 weeks is a good time for the second appointment but the sooner I do it, more effective it is.

Second Coolsculpting treatment...

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your results! If I am sure a patient will need a second treatment, I will usually advise for them to have it done at around 1 month following the first even though max results aren't apparent yet. If there is uncertainty that one treatment might be sufficient, I will sometimes advise waiting the full 3 months prior to re-treatment so that we can assess before and afters and see if our treatment goals have been met. 

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Second Coolsculpting Treatment

It is great you are seeing such a dramatic change so soon. The body needs enough time to adjust and eliminate the fat cells and for any swelling to subside. You may not need a second treatment if you are responding so nicely to the first. If necessary your next appointment would be scheduled at 4-6 weeks. Please contact your treating physician.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Second Treatment for CoolSculpting

Glad you are having great results. Typically most patients can retreat in the same area about 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment. I would make a follow up appt to your CoolSculpting Practice to see what their best recommendation would be for you. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing Period after Coolsculpting

I recommend my patients to wait 2-3 months before coming back for a second session. This should give the body enough time to remove the fat cells from the first session. Time between sessions maybe different depending on what area of the body you are treating. However, I do thing 2-3 months is a safe wait time in between sessions. I often find that second time’s the charm when it comes to Coolsculpting.  

Miguel Delgado, MD

Wait at Least a Month or Two Between CoolSculpting Treatments

Congratulations on the good results you have achieved with your CoolSculpting! Results of cryolipolysis(TM), the patented “fat freezing” technique developed by Zeltiq for CoolSculpting, will vary by individual, which is why you may be seeing a more dramatic change sooner than most. However, the body needs time to adjust to the procedure and fully eliminate all of the fat cells that were killed and for any residual swelling to subside. Also, if your body is responding dramatically to the treatment, you may not need a follow-up procedure at all. Please consult with your board-certified dermatologist if you have any more questions about CoolSculpting.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Second Coolsculpting Appointment

We recommend speaking directly to a CoolSculpting professional regarding your individual case. In general, two weeks after a CoolSculpting treatment is the worst time to retreat an area because at two weeks there is maximum inflammation, which means the tissue is thicker and has increased bloodflow. The earliest we would generally do a second treatment would be at least four weeks after the first treatment, once the inflammation has subsided and the tissue is less thick.

David P. Rapaport, MD

Time between treatments

We wait 2 months before following up and retreating our patients.  You need to give the body time to clear the dead fat cells from the first treatment.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Scheduling #CoolSculpting treatments

The maximum results of a coolsculpting session are visible at 2 to 3 months after treatment.  While some physicians will stack treatments, I typically recommend about 4 to 6 weeks between sessions.  I am not aware of any added benefit of doing the treatments more frequently. 

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Scheduling multiple treatments

Thank you for your question. You will see the full results at 9-12 weeks. There should be at least 30 days in between each treatment. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting and Re-Treating Areas

That is great you are seeing results so quickly! To answer your question, you must wait 30 days before re-treating an area.  Yes, 4 to 6 weeks is a good time if you know you want to re-treat.  If patients are not sure about re-treating, I usually have them wait about 90 days before deciding.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD