Is it possible to correct my asymmetrical nostrils? (Photo)

I've been thinking about rhinoplasty for a while to correct my nostrils. I feel like the uneveness of my nose throws off my entire appearance. I know it is not possible to get two nostrils to be identical, but is it possible to make them a little more symmetrical to the point where it isn't as noticeable?

Correcting Nosstri Asymmetry

Your asymmetrical tip and nostrils can be improved. With these pictures it is difficult to tell if you have a deviated septum and an asymmetrical bridge. A complete set of nasal pictures as described on my website will help me provide a more thorough evaluation of your nose.  

Alar base resection

Thanks for the great question and the photos. If you are only concerned with the asymmetry of your nostrils then this can be improved using a few different techniques during surgery. In my opinion an open rhinoplasty is the best approach as it will allow the surgeon to address all of the issues you're having internally and will also allow for correction of your nostrils. Just like with any surgery, your nostrils will not be identical after surgery, but they should  be more similar in appearance where it's not as noticeable. Make sure you're seeing someone with a lot of experience for your surgery. Best of luck in your area!~Dr. Sieber

Rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about being a candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure. The nostrils  will always be slightly asymmetrical, but can be narrowed with a alar-plasty procedure.  It's impossible to make nostrils identical due to facial and nasal asymmetry. There is no perfect nose. To narrow a wide nasal tip requires  a tip-plasty, while osteotomy's are required to narrow the bridge line.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asymmetrical nostrils.

Thank you for your question.  There are many different ways to perform a rhinoplasty, it is important to communicate with your surgeon prior to your procedure with your particular goals and expectations.  The procedure can then be customized to your needs.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. You would also benefit from an alarplasty which is a technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon