Cause for concern? Soreness at crease and under, left breast. (photos)

I have 350 cc high profile silicone memory gel implants, got them November 2009. No issues at all, a few days ago I became sore on and under the crease of my left breast, almost feels as though it is going to fall towards my arm and down too. It's rather difficult to describe. Is there any cause for concern, or any way to remedy this issue? I do work out, although I do not work chest muscles. Is it too late for bottoming out? Maybe just from a workout? Thanks!

Cause for concern? Soreness at crease and under, left breast.

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I think that for 7 years post augmentation, you have an awesome result that you should be very happy with. I see nothing in the pictures that gives me cause for concern. That being said, I never take a patient's concerns lightly, and if you feel like there is something wrong or something that needs addressed, I advise you keep pursuing it until you get your questions answered. I would start by seeing your plastic surgeon or a local plastic surgeon to have an exam and have the area evaluated. If there is no concern but you still feel like something is wrong, then perhaps start with your regular doctor or a breast specialist to be evaluated. They may want to order further studies to evaluate the breast and rule out the possibility of something going on.

Always listen to your body and if you feel that something is not normal, then it probably isn't. I don't want to sound paranoid, but I have seen plenty of cases of patients (implants or not) who feel there is something wrong with their breast and it gets ignored or delayed, only to find out in the end there was something there all along that needed treated.  

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Concerns after BA

Hi and thanks for posting your question and photos!

You have a lovely result. If you note a sudden change many years after having breast implants placed, it is reasonable to make an appointment with your surgeon to examine you. They will be able to determine if there is anything to be investigated and can walk you through this. 

Best wishes!

Rachel Streu, MD

New Onset Discomfort

Not quite sure which is right and which is left in your photos. Can't give you good advice without examination. Follow up with your surgeon for an examination.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you follow up with your plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Pain at crease?

From your photograph, you can't see where the incision was made relative to the crease. With any sudden change in sensation this long after surgery I would recommend you be seen by your operating plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS