True of False: Can Castor Oil Help Treat Melasma?

So many home remedies about how to treat melasma, is there any truth that Castor Oil can help?

Topical products for melasma

Thank you for your question. Melasma is a  condition characterized by the appearace of dark patches on the skin. I have not heard of castor oil being used for melasma treatment. Common topical products used to treat melasma include hydroquinone, retinoic acid, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, vitamins C and E, kojic acid, alpha-arbutin, and licorice extract. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 with Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

There is no "cure" for melasma but there are great treatments. We are doing a clinical trial now on clear + brilliant with bleaching and microneedling and getting amazing results. I suggest you see an expert. You will need lifelong treatment, sun protection, skin care. But these treatments can give you improvement and then you maintain. Best , Dr. Emer.