Who is a good candidate for Botox? (Photo)

Curious how many estimated units could help. Mid 30's and never used Botox.

Candidate for Botox

Based on your photo, you would be an excellent candidate for Botox or Dysport and could get a great result to address your frown lines or "11s". You could likely start with 20 units of Botox or 60 units of Dysport to treat this area. Good luck!

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Botox

Looking at your photo i would say you are a good candidate for botox. I would recommend 25 units of botox in the glabella area for best results.  Best of luck

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Am I a candidate for Botox?

Hello!  You appear to be a perfect candidate. 20-30units in the forehead and glabellar area should ameliorate the wrinkles to the area.  The effects should provide a smooth, more vibrant appearance along with ridding the wrinkles to the areas. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Am I a candidate for Botox?

You’re a perfect candidate for Botox, you would need 20-25 units to help soften the lines between your brows 

Botox: When, where and how much

The question you ask is great and the photo is even better. The lines that are most prominent in your photo are produced by the corrugator supercilii along each part of your eyebrow. These are five leafed muscles that produce vertical lines between the eyebrows. Horizontal lines are produced by the fan shaped procerus muscle. A great start point for the lines you show is 16 units of Botox. You will get a nice, natural result.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

First Time for Botox

• The creases you have in between your eyebrows (region of the face known as the glabella) would likely respond very well to Botox
  • 20 units placed in this region work very nicely. 
  • We are seeing a lot of patients in their late 20s and early 30s who are coming in for their first time for Botox. 
  • Thanks for your question!

Botox for 11s

For you Botox treatment in the glabellar area would not only be corrective, but also preventive.  You continue with the treatments every 3 to 4 months, the lines will continue to improve as the skin has a chance to regenerate.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Consultations

Botox Cosmetic is injected into muscles to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and in the area around the side of the eyes improving the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults.

Yes you are a good candidate. Determining the amount of units a person needs is based on your muscular movement. When a person comes in for a consultation I have them frown, raise their eyebrows and smile. When they do this I can see how they are using their muscles and then I determine dosage and the injection areas.

The lines that you make when showing expression will be improved with Botox injections, if you have lines at rest then they will soften with Botox. If you wanted more improvement to the deeper “11” lines between the brows, then the addition of filler would give you best results. If you just fill the line without the toxin the muscle contraction will break down the filler very quickly. The combination of the two will give the best longest lasting result.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist so that they may evaluate your concerns and see if Botox would be appropriate for you. During your consultation you will be informed of how many units you will need for you desired results.

Often times these consultations are complimentary and are the best way to get your questions answered.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Frown Lines

Hi,

Since most of your lines are relatively vertical, you may get by with 20 units of Botox.  If you are developing a horizontal line over the nose between the eyes, you may want have an additional 4-5 units added in that area.  Botox was approved by the FDA for this indication on April 15, 2002 and I have been using it in this area since the early 90's and elsewhere since the early 80's.  The safety record has been fantastic and results equally impressive.   There are a few people that are "nonresponders" to Botox and therefor don't get the improvement they are looking for but happily, they may sometimes get a good result with a different neurotoxin such as Xeomin or Dysport.  I would agree with others that as long as you respond, you should get a very nice result from Botox injections given by an experience injector.

Roger A. Dailey, MD, FACS
Portland Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for Frown LInes

Botox is FDA approved specifically for soothing out or softening frown lines exactly like you have. In other words, you are the perfect candidate!

Botox is a little like a recipe and an individual may need a little more or a little less but I think you would get a great result and you would be very happy.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon